GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A couple of quick import questions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/04/04 at 16:30
Regular
My PS2 will be arriving this week from the US however the place I bought it from doesn't sell US games. I was hoping to buy them from within this country but aren't sure on who has the best prices. Goblin Direct can basically stock their crap where the sun doesn't shine, I'm not paying £45 that is for sure.

I have never used Import Madness before, are they based in the UK or will it be the usual tax charges etc? Their prices are reasonable and I was hoping for someone who has used them to give me a little nudge in the right direction.

Also a step down converter, my local shops are basically crap and one hadn't even heard of them which was followed by a laugh. Any cheap places to grab one ASAP?

Cheers.
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:52
Regular
Thats fine is that cheers. Is 30 watts enough though? I have no idea the voltage/wattage of the PS2 as a console.
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
[URL]http://www.beststuff.co.uk/voltage_conversion.htm[/URL]

I've got a spare 20 mins on here so i'll pop around and have a better look on the net
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:42
Regular
Ye that would be decent tar.
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've got a site (english site) where you can get one for 12 quid if you're interested
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:30
Regular
Any ideas where I can grab a step down converter?
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Squall wrote:

> I suggest asking Lalakersrule mate. :D
> hope i've been helpful

No use asking me mate i have my own private sources in america and japan, which unless by some amazing coincidence Alastair actually knows them i doubt will send him games. Any other games i get from Another World but that's very rare
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:03
Regular
Thats the thing, a UK based company WON'T do that sort of thing, that's the reason I am looking for a UK based company.
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:49
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
You're going to have some trouble finding a Uk based company who do that sort of thing.
I suggest asking Lalakersrule mate. :D
hope i've been helpful
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:45
Regular
I would do if I wasn't going to be gang raped by tax charges once it enters the country, some companies mark parcels so they don't.
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:44
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Ah my mistake, they are american or canadian (doe'snt say )
It was years since i purchased anything from there.
i remember it came quick and the prices are cheap.
i think you should try them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.