GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 22:32
Regular
So, um, anyone like games here?

Which genres do you think we will see the most changes in over the next generation? Which will lose popularity?

I can see survival horror, or indeed horror in general becoming more successful as a genre, with the superior graphics adding to the game. However, I feel that the graphics won't be the main reason why it develops, but because developers see the more adult oriented titles as being more profitable, so are willing to give something a go that might put them ahead of the competition.

When I heard that 'The Thing' was going to become a game, I was very excited by the prospect. If it can capture anything of the paranoia of the movie, not knowing who the enemy is, not trusting anybody, then it could be a real milestone in 'horror gaming'.
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The letters 'GBA' will always provoke a response from me. It's like a call to arms.
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:38
Regular
"not dead"
Cetrainly will be interesting to see different machines running the same games.

Then they can be compared on equal terms.

And you know I only wrote the GBA thing to provoke a response. ;-)
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:

Yes, The
> Thing is currently being
> developed, for the X-Box.

And the GBA, which will be a superior
> version to the Xbox one.

Not to mention the GAMECUBE version of
> the game....

/me throws Meka_Dragon my box of 'come back to reality' pills.

/me takes one too.

Good point Meka, I think you may be pushing the limits of credibility a bit with the GBA version being superior to the X-Box version, but I wouldn't mind seeing an X-Box and a Gamecube playing the same game alongside each other to see how they compare visually. Maybe we could get someone at SR to try it out for us and post their opinion early next year?
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:29
Regular
I cant waite for Max Payne and Deus Ex 2 to be released!
Sat 21/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
"not dead"
FantasyMeister wrote:

Yes, The
> Thing is currently being developed, for the X-Box.

And the GBA, which will be a superior version to the Xbox one.

Not to mention the GAMECUBE version of the game....
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:54
I believe that the future will bring improvement for all game genres. Survival Horror games will certainly improve, but not just due to the graphics but because of there ever increasing popularity. Im hooked on these games I love Resident Evil, DinoCrisis, Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark A New Nightmare. But yet I want more, I thought MetalGearSolid played very similar to these games so I liked that to and cant wait till the sequel appears.

As these games evolve the charcaterisation of the characters in these games should increase to a point were these games become much more like movies. When that happens it will be a big leap. The Dreamcast has given us a glimpse of the future with Shenmue and ResidentEvil Code Veronica...but give the PS2 a few years and something new will appear that will blow us all away.

As for the genre that will dissapear, well I think that the racing genre will evntually lose its appeal. By that I mean the boring drive around a track games, Driver on the playstation showed us the potential the genre has to evolve. Why race around a track when you can race around a whole city??? Hopefully the Getaway and Driver 3 on the Playstation 2 will be very special games.

Eventually of course consoles such as the Playstation 2 will go online, hopefully this will open up a whole new genre of games.

The Future certainally looks promising :-)
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Why you cvhange your name Ravi?

well... been on the site for 500 days... fancied a change! And noone in the sega camp like Aladin Sane... so I had to appease my citizens ;)

NiGHTS!
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:31
Regular
"You've upset me"
CJC wrote:
> RastaBillySkank wrote:
> *Takes initials back from CJC*

I
> believe those are mine.

:-D

??

There my initials mate!

Mine too. Give 'em back scum :-D
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:30
Regular
"You've upset me"
Why you cvhange your name Ravi?
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:29
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> *Takes initials back from CJC*

I believe those are mine.

:-D

??

There my initials mate!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.