GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can someone tell me why gt3 is so good?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 21:58
Regular
i played my mates jap copy of it and to me it seems well the same as the others but with better graphics and you can end up with the best car in the game in 4-6 hours then thats the game beaten, it may look good but i think its crap!
Tue 24/07/01 at 23:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I wouldnt want to have tons of money to buy the best car until I had done every single race and got 100%.

At the moment I have a Beetle(Maybe the wrong starting car) and can only do the Sunday cup, Clubman cup and the FF cup. So for winning the max I can get is £1,500. Iam saving up for Stage 2 tuning which will make the car 231Bhp and just about good enough to do the Beetle championship to get loads of money to tune it up even more.
Tue 24/07/01 at 11:11
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Right, when you first get GT3 there are two things you can think about.

1) Getting the best car to complete the game.
2) Come first in every single race/league and to make a cheap car into a mean turbo machine.

Luckily I went for the latter but I know so many people who took the first option. Take my mate for example. He got the game. He bought a car. He thought the car was rubbish. He realised he didn’t have any money. He is now looking for cheats to get lots of money so he can get the best car in the game. I just do not see the point in this. Maybe it is just me but I find using a car that is not as fast as the rest is much more challenging to race against. Any monkey can get the best car in the game and come first in all races but it takes a smart monkey to do this with a slower car.

I am not saying that you shouldn’t buy the best car you find or anything, I am just saying that it’s not as fun. Once I have completed the game I will no doubt have lots of money so I will treat myself to a quality motor so I can cruise ride around the courses just to make me feel proud.

If you don’t want to get your moneys worth, have no satisfaction, be bored of the game within a few weeks I would suggest no. 1) would be the best choice for you.

*Impressions*

Well in brief, I don’t think I need to tell you how great the graphics are or anything because everyone will know that already. What I will say is this game will set you with countless challenges, and non-stop fun. Don’t be shy either, get your mates around your house to show of your PS2 and if they are behaving... you could reward them with letting them race against you in 2 player mode.
Tue 24/07/01 at 10:04
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Turbo is right there, its soooo much nicer to drive.

I got GT1 and found it a complete pain in the backside to drive, so I diddnt play it all that much, and never bothered with gt2, though a mate got it and it was a lot better, i still never bothered.

But I had to get GT3, for all the obvious reasons, and it is a joy to drive! the cars respond nicely and they sound great, especially with the tyre noises too. it really adds depth.
Tue 24/07/01 at 02:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Despite what anyone says, GT3 is very definitely different to GT1&2. The physics engine is harder and more responsive.
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:56
Regular
"WWJD"
no it's not its well good one of the best games out and the best driver game ever well maybe its got the best sound track FEEDER! yeh they do the theme and there on teh stereo for the tunes to choose Seven Days In The Sun and Buck Rogers YEH BABY!
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:23
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Try Barbie Race & Ride instead.

Nice one Wookiee!
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Same as me then Triple_H. Iam doing arcade before I touch GT mode. One word of advice, if you win easily on easy put it onto hard. If you win on hard its the same as if you had won on easy, medium and hard. So at the moment I have completed half of the arcade races all on hard. The 17 races I have completed only took 17 wins but if I did it on each diffculty it would take 51 wins to get the same amount.

I think the 18 race will be quite hard as using the Corvette C5 you get similar performance rivials and they draft(Slip Streaming) from you, and you do it to them. So I raced them all in a pack and came 3rd as I could draft right at the last straight.
Fri 20/07/01 at 18:31
Regular
"You Bum!!"
With the game like that you need to take your time, not rush into it. I am not going to start the GT mode until I complete the Arcade mode.

Today was the first time I actually played it properly and I am even more amazed at how good the game is.

As for completing the game in 6 hours, this is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life.You can complete Metal Gear Solid in 6 hours but GT3 has virtually months of gameplay. And even when you complete EVERYTHING and unlock everything, you will still come back to the game.

PS. By the way Wookie + all the other people who ordered the game on the Internet.. Did you actually get the game today?? What are your first impessions
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:25
"High polygon count"
Im_woody2k1 wrote:
> he hadnt finished any of the endurance but he had the best car.

Then your friend is clearly a fool!

The idea of GT3 is not to 'get the best car' - it's to compete in , and win, all of the races.

In case it escaped your notice, there's a 'percent complete' figure in the GT mode of the game. I doubt that's much above a few percent in your friends case.

> no one told me why to get it yet

You know what? I'm actually going to tell you NOT to get it. You clearly don't understand the objective or enjoyment of the game, so there would be little point. Try Barbie Race & Ride instead.
Fri 20/07/01 at 07:36
yeah all he did was do a race wchich you got 500000 for winning and a car then sell the car. he did this race about 5-6 times then he had the best car, he hadnt finished any of the endurance but he had the best car.

no one told me why to get it yet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.