GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can someone tell me why gt3 is so good?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 21:58
Regular
i played my mates jap copy of it and to me it seems well the same as the others but with better graphics and you can end up with the best car in the game in 4-6 hours then thats the game beaten, it may look good but i think its crap!
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:58
i played my mates jap copy of it and to me it seems well the same as the others but with better graphics and you can end up with the best car in the game in 4-6 hours then thats the game beaten, it may look good but i think its crap!
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:04
Regular
Yes, but it has such superb snow effects. Also, the reload animations are brilliantly placed in the game, seamlessly blending with the tetris style gameplay.

- Just testing to see if you`ve actually played it.

*Its not that I`m taking the ... its just that I`ve never heard something so stupid* Best car in 4-6 hours. Game beaten... you lie, or you have something missing between your ears. :-) I think this is the first time, no hang one, MJSwerve... this is the second time I`ve just let loose on a muppet newbie. I must really be tense waiting for GT3!
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:56
Regular
I know who I dont want to get on the wrong side of!

Dont mess with ssxpro! :)
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:05
Regular
GT3 completed in 6 hours?? Even those lengthy endurance races?? You must have a super quick PS2.
Fri 20/07/01 at 00:35
Maybe he's playing the demo???

Either that or...
(mental note: if you've got nothing nice to say don't say it at all)

GT3 - 8 and a half hours and counting!!!
Fri 20/07/01 at 07:36
yeah all he did was do a race wchich you got 500000 for winning and a car then sell the car. he did this race about 5-6 times then he had the best car, he hadnt finished any of the endurance but he had the best car.

no one told me why to get it yet
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:25
"High polygon count"
Im_woody2k1 wrote:
> he hadnt finished any of the endurance but he had the best car.

Then your friend is clearly a fool!

The idea of GT3 is not to 'get the best car' - it's to compete in , and win, all of the races.

In case it escaped your notice, there's a 'percent complete' figure in the GT mode of the game. I doubt that's much above a few percent in your friends case.

> no one told me why to get it yet

You know what? I'm actually going to tell you NOT to get it. You clearly don't understand the objective or enjoyment of the game, so there would be little point. Try Barbie Race & Ride instead.
Fri 20/07/01 at 18:31
Regular
"You Bum!!"
With the game like that you need to take your time, not rush into it. I am not going to start the GT mode until I complete the Arcade mode.

Today was the first time I actually played it properly and I am even more amazed at how good the game is.

As for completing the game in 6 hours, this is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life.You can complete Metal Gear Solid in 6 hours but GT3 has virtually months of gameplay. And even when you complete EVERYTHING and unlock everything, you will still come back to the game.

PS. By the way Wookie + all the other people who ordered the game on the Internet.. Did you actually get the game today?? What are your first impessions
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Same as me then Triple_H. Iam doing arcade before I touch GT mode. One word of advice, if you win easily on easy put it onto hard. If you win on hard its the same as if you had won on easy, medium and hard. So at the moment I have completed half of the arcade races all on hard. The 17 races I have completed only took 17 wins but if I did it on each diffculty it would take 51 wins to get the same amount.

I think the 18 race will be quite hard as using the Corvette C5 you get similar performance rivials and they draft(Slip Streaming) from you, and you do it to them. So I raced them all in a pack and came 3rd as I could draft right at the last straight.
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:23
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Try Barbie Race & Ride instead.

Nice one Wookiee!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.