GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got £20 to burn... Serious Sam?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Serious Sam'.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:33
Regular
Just wondering, based on the XBox version, do you think Serious Sam is worth a purchase over R-Type: Final and Pool Paradise?

All three look pretty good (not killer titles, but good fun anyway), but I'm really sure if Serious Sam is worth it, as I haven't really heard much about to be honest, other than it's a Doom-type FPS.

Any advice?

EDIT: That is of course if I miss out on Knights of the Old Republic tomorrow...
Wed 28/04/04 at 18:26
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Just a mad 3D shooting game where enemies in large quantities come at you, really good fun.
Wed 28/04/04 at 18:15
"Welcome To My World"
whats serious sam about
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Touched!"
toys r us are selling it for £12.99 in store and on their website
Wed 28/04/04 at 16:20
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
whoops apologies, walking around in a daze today....

It was £9.99 but they have sold out :S
Wed 28/04/04 at 15:02
Regular
That's a strat guide. I'll just get it from SR next time I get some money together.

Got Knights today, it's a very nice game. Not too sure about the combat system, and so far it's not as impressive as Skies of Arcadia, but still great.
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:23
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/xbr/ productpage.asp?ProductCode=XB003

£9.99 there

Link will be invalid soon as shop is changing so check quickly.

*remove space from link
Tue 27/04/04 at 16:27
Regular
Nope, £20 on all three platforms.
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:50
Regular
"8==="
Isn't it 8.99 from SR anyway?
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:27
Regular
It does sound very good... should have made a bit of money by next week so I'll hopefully get it then. Don't think the new version is released until Friday anyway.
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:04
Regular
"8==="
Serios Sam is excellent, decent replay value and it takes quite a while to finish in the first place.

Read my Xbox review.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.