GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LATERAL THINKING PUZZLES."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 17:03
Regular
The BFG have me this idea.

I have a lateral thinking puzzle book here right beside me, waiting to be opened. Will you dare to take the book on?

Here we go. I'll choose THREE puzzles from the book to start off with. You game?

A) What do you put on the table, cut and then pass around, but never actually eat?

B) I'm inside, halfway up a building that has no windows or balconies, yet I've got an incredible view of the city around me. What sort of building am I in?

C) I had to meet an Australian, an American and a South African at the airport. One of them was called Bruce, and I identified him immediately, despite never having met any of them before. How?

Well, no doubt I've strained your brains with these little beauties. Work hard. The answers will be announced at 6:00, just the same as the BFG's.

Whoever answers the puzzles correctly gets a good pat on the back. And hopefully there will be 'Knowabales' or something...
Sun 19/08/01 at 18:10
MATRIXMAN wrote again:
> okay try this...

a man walked out of a club, he walked straight
> through the carpark and got into his black car without the help of
> any artificial light like flashlights or streetlights.

can u work
> it out?

>yeah nice one it was daytime!

heres some more:

1) what happens once every minute, twice every moment but never in a thousand years?

2) imagine a ship at anchor, over the side hangs a rope ladder with rungs 1 foot apart, six of the rungs are above the surface of the water, if the tide rises 3 feet how many rungs will be above the water?
Sun 19/08/01 at 13:30
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
He had night vision goggles.
or
It was day.
or
It was night and the moon lit up the car park.
or
There was a trail of fireflies leading strangely to his car at night.
or
He was a bat.
or
He used a candle. Fire isn't artificial light.
or
He remembered exactly where it was and used his noggin.
Sun 19/08/01 at 13:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It was daytime. Nowhere does it say it was night.
Sun 19/08/01 at 13:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
MATRIXMAN wrote:
> okay try this...

a man walked out of a club, he walked straight
> through the carpark and got into his black car without the help of
> any artificial light like flashlights or streetlights.

can u work
> it out?

The moon lit up the car park?
Sun 19/08/01 at 13:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Someone's probably answered this before but:

A) What do you put on the table, cut and then pass around, but never actually eat?

A deck of cards. Easy that one.

B) I'm inside, halfway up a building that has no windows or balconies, yet I've got an incredible view of the city around me. What sort of building am I in?

The Eiffel Tower

C) I had to meet an Australian, an American and a South African at the airport. One of them was called Bruce, and I identified him immediately, despite never having met any of them before. How?

He had a nametag?
Sun 19/08/01 at 13:08
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
big_slow wrote:
> Gaming Boy wrote:
> I wonder how long it will be before someone
> gives the correct answer
> to this:

How many S's in
> 007?

there are none

Actually, there is one:

Double o Seven
_________^
Sun 19/08/01 at 10:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
'twas daytime.

Alternatively, he was a bat. Who could drive.

Or an owl.
Sun 19/08/01 at 10:23
okay try this...

a man walked out of a club, he walked straight through the carpark and got into his black car without the help of any artificial light like flashlights or streetlights.

can u work it out?
Sat 18/08/01 at 23:36
*seifer runs for the hills*
*seifer remembers that Suffolk is mostly flat land and realises that he has no where to hide*

SDD- MSN now!
Sat 18/08/01 at 23:32
Seifer wrote:
> Dan.... the most wanted man.... can I collect the reward.... I know
> where he lives!!

D'oh! But wait.... i know what town you live in, your name, your age, vaguely what you look like.... (how many scousers do you think there are in Suffolk?)

Hehe - its time to send the boys round!

(unless you've been lying and you're really a 6ft lesbian housewife from Hull)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.