GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Tony and SR people....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 15:53
Regular
Just out of interest, and I know you may not be able/want to answer this, but I was wondering:

Which bit of SR gets the most business, and which bit gets the most profit?

I don't mean bits as in, PCs or consoles, I mean out of mailorder sales, the internet sales, and the shops.

Also, do the people who use the forums spend much money at SR? So do the regulars (and I mean regular users, not just because they have regular status, if you see what I mean) spend over £45 a day, to cover GAD and FAD give-a-ways?

Thanks.
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:00
Regular
Thanks for answering them Tony.
Fri 20/07/01 at 07:27
Regular
Over ere.....yes the man with a toilet for his leg.....
Has any one ever tried to rob SR
Fri 20/07/01 at 01:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Question for you Tony...

Out of interest is SR secure on the money front? Your not going to go down the toilet so to speak... just it would be a shame for that to happen to such a great company and owner :D

Last time I bought a game not from SR was back in January :)
Fri 20/07/01 at 01:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I reccomend all my mates and family... brother bought jedi Knights today for £15... he his pleased as he could not find it anywhere else and what a bargain it was :D

And I know for a fact my mate bought that 'Cold War' game.. won at No.1 and he's chuffed

So Hip Hip Horrah

On late night Tony... Insomnia? join the club :D
Fri 20/07/01 at 00:58
Regular
Youre up a bit late Tony?

You been having bad dreams?! ;)
Fri 20/07/01 at 00:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Your Honour wrote:
> So it's like a loss leader?

> You get people in with temptations and (possibly) free stuff, then hope they spend lots of money and recommend the place?

> But wouldn't it be cheaper to advertise, or do you prefer word-of-mouth recommendations?

> Also, sorry for all the questions, but doesn't it annoy you when people come on the fourms just to win games and never buy things from you?

It's not a loss leader. It's the "way of the internet".

We "get" people to the site and then we try to sell them stuff, that's for sure. That's why the site is here. It costs £thousands per month to keep it here, so it has to have an income.

We like (love) recommendations. We hate advertising - it's a mugs game. You wouldn't believe how expensive it is for what you get back in return.

I don't mind people not buying anything, it's up to them. If they are are here and taking part then that's good enough for me. I hope they will buy from us in the future though.
Fri 20/07/01 at 00:50
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no wrote:
> Do you accept Debit Cards???

Mostly yes.
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I fully intend to support SR by buying posting a lot and giving them lots of page impressions.
It's because of these forums that I'll be doing that.

FM: Sans credit.
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:25
Regular
"not dead"
I fully intend to support SR by buying my GAMECUBE and accessories from them.

It's because of these forums that I'll be doing that.
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:21
Regular
So it's like a loss leader?

You get people in with temptations and (possibly) free stuff, then hope they spend lots of money and recommend the place?

But wouldn't it be cheaper to advertise, or do you prefer word-of-mouth recommendations?

Also, sorry for all the questions, but doesn't it annoy you when people come on the fourms just to win games and never buy things from you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.