GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Tony and SR people....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 15:53
Regular
Just out of interest, and I know you may not be able/want to answer this, but I was wondering:

Which bit of SR gets the most business, and which bit gets the most profit?

I don't mean bits as in, PCs or consoles, I mean out of mailorder sales, the internet sales, and the shops.

Also, do the people who use the forums spend much money at SR? So do the regulars (and I mean regular users, not just because they have regular status, if you see what I mean) spend over £45 a day, to cover GAD and FAD give-a-ways?

Thanks.
Thu 19/07/01 at 15:53
Regular
Just out of interest, and I know you may not be able/want to answer this, but I was wondering:

Which bit of SR gets the most business, and which bit gets the most profit?

I don't mean bits as in, PCs or consoles, I mean out of mailorder sales, the internet sales, and the shops.

Also, do the people who use the forums spend much money at SR? So do the regulars (and I mean regular users, not just because they have regular status, if you see what I mean) spend over £45 a day, to cover GAD and FAD give-a-ways?

Thanks.
Thu 19/07/01 at 15:55
Win games cos cant ford em.
Thu 19/07/01 at 16:00
£45 a day, they must be rich.
Thu 19/07/01 at 16:11
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
I am going to go out on a limn and say that I have NEVER ever bought a game from SR. All I have got is my free copy of Turok Rage Wars.

(;o|
Thu 19/07/01 at 16:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I signed up again the other day...

so theres £6.99 :D
Thu 19/07/01 at 16:59
Regular
I bought some RAM and a heatsink/fan the other day, so there's £40!
Thu 19/07/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My brother just bought Jedi knights for £15 so theres another!
Thu 19/07/01 at 20:31
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
MJ§wE®vE wrote:
> I am going to go out on a limn and say that I have NEVER ever bought a game from SR. All I have got is my free copy of Turok Rage Wars.

Shame on you MJ.

The reason we give GAD and FAD prizes is just that we think it's a blinking good idea. We don't expect to cover the cost of the prizes from the games ordered by the people who win the prizes.

But PLEASE support SR as much as you can.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony wrote:

The
> reason we give GAD and FAD prizes is just that we think it's a
> blinking good idea. We don't expect to cover the cost of the prizes
> from the games ordered by the people who win the prizes.

But
> PLEASE support SR as much as you can.

I have always recommended people to the site of Special Reserve for buying, it is a super service, and as soon as I get a CC that works I will probably buy something every couple of days!

:D
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:07
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Are there times when you lose profit because of giving things away and low prices and stuff like that?

Just curious, that's all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.