GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman contracts posted"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman Contracts'.
Wed 28/04/04 at 15:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hooray, my copy was posted today so hopefully i should have it release day. Looking forward to this i must say, especially for £15.99
Fri 30/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
Heh, I bought it this morning from Gamestation. It came in a limited edition sleeve featuring extra 'artwork' and a soundtrack :D

Cannae wait to get home to play it though :)
Fri 30/04/04 at 13:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Just as long as some junkie in the sorting office hasnt stolen it, im happy to wait.
Fri 30/04/04 at 13:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It actually came through the post this morning; I wasn't expecting it until at least Tuesday it being posted from Play.

Anyway, good game, very, very dark and I'm not just talking about the lighting. It's much more violent, the first level is set in an asylum (I've never played the original game but I'm guessing it's the place 47 was created) there are bodies everywhere and SWAT swarms the place killing anyone with guns.

The second level I've just got to, it's a slaughterhouse, which just so happens to be hosting a fetish party. Leather clad gimps partying in a place full of blood and slaughtered animals, its pretty morbid stuff but actually more interesting than most of the levels from the last hitman game. And disguises actually work now, you can dress up as a waiter or a mental patient and manage to sneak past people undetected, though disuses aren't full proof and guards are always suspicious.

So far so good, I'm only two levels in but it is a hard game, I can't wait to see what else the game has to offer.
Fri 30/04/04 at 15:40
Regular
*hits table*

Where's my Hitman?

Sodding Postman...

:)
Fri 30/04/04 at 16:40
Regular
Well, I've just gone through the first two levels. Quite a few times I was a little confused as to where to go/what to do next. It is quite hard as you need to think about your actions rather than bursting through the door with a fully loaded Spaz Shotgun :D

I agree with Cipro when he says it's dark. It's a very dark game and much different to the previous Hitman games in that respect.

I'm really enjoying it but sadly I can't go any further as I've been summoned by the *sigh* girlfriend.

On the slaughterhouse mission, once I had wasted all the guards and completed the objectives, I thought I'd have some fun with the civilians/gimps/freaks. I opened fire and they all started running around in fear. The thing is, they have a set path of motion and repeatedly run from one room and back to the other. I positioned myself by the doorway, got the meat cleaver out and started hacking away at everyone who came through the door - I was left with a nice bloody pile of bodies! I need help :D
Fri 30/04/04 at 16:45
Regular
Grr... I can't play this yet - got far too much to do. Might hopefully be able to stick it on tomorrow morning.

*hopes*
Fri 30/04/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Funny thing is is they were cows I would feel bad.

Bullet gets in way.
Fri 30/04/04 at 21:15
Regular
Ah damn I need to buy this game...I loved Hitman 2, brilliant game.
Fri 30/04/04 at 22:20
Regular
You need a beast of a machine to run it to its full potential though. My Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb struggles to run it :P
Fri 30/04/04 at 22:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
No performance problems for me and I too am using a 9600 pro, in fact I have everything on high detail and no slow down what so ever. The game doesn't look too dissimilar to Hitman 2, though there are some very nice graphical additions this time like the lighting and weather effects, which actually go along way to adding on to the atmosphere of the game.

I've just seen screenshots of the PS2 version, ouch, ugly doesn't even come close to describing how it looks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.