GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vietcong - any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Vietcong'.
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just ordered this from a certain site...is it any good? It looks quite good, and I'm in full Vietnam mode from watching Platoon the other night. Gonna get me some poontang.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Black Hawk Down is good as well, not as good as I'd have hoped but still fun. The Black Hawk Down missions at the end are the best though.
Thu 06/05/04 at 15:37
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I'm enjoying Black Hawk Down and am currently on the mission where you have to make a beach landing (which is mined) under mortar fire. I've been blown up more times than a computer science nerd at uni's rubber doll.

Anyway, I too have now ordered Vietcong (for a £10) and I am very much looking forward to being blown up by them.
Wed 05/05/04 at 14:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The Delta Force films are just a stupid as the games, unrealistic, bland and unoriginal but fun if you leave your brain elsewhere.
Tue 04/05/04 at 17:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Don't diss the Delta Force films - they're one of a kind.
Sort of.

What?
Tue 04/05/04 at 10:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If you're looking for realism, I'd say Chuck Norris is the wrong way to go. Except that film where he drives the jeep out of the grave. I did that, once, so it must be true.
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
dark child wrote:
> how isnt it a tactical shooter.

How is it not tactical? Because it isn't realistic. So 1 shot kills and you have to select your own weapon, but counter to what you may know about US Special Forces, Delta Force do not work in small groups of at least 2 people. It's more like the game version of the Chuck Norris Action film which funnily enough is also called Delta Force where he bravely charges through the middle east killing thousands of terrorists with not much as a scratch to himself.

Fun games certainly, but not tactical shooters. They're more fast paced first person shooters with tactical pieces here and there, nothing more.

And good to hear your enjoying the game Monkey Man, if you like the earlier mission you should love the later levels, you even get to drive a jeep at one point and even man the machine gun of a huey helicopter.
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hey, got this and it's actually quite good! Gonna get me some Poontang!
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'm not even going to bother.

Look at me, I'm parachuting yet my aiming is perfect.
Ooh, now I'm standing upright with a 10 tonne sniper rifle in my hands, and the crosshair isn't waivering in the slightest!
I'm jumping up and down, but my aiming is accurate as hell! YeY!

Hmm.
Sun 02/05/04 at 20:37
Regular
how isnt it a tactical shooter.

1 hit kills
you choose equipment

you are suposed to use the right gun for each mission (although the machine gun/grenade launcher ruins it by having the advantages of a sniper rifle lots of ammo and lots of fire rates as well as explosives)

but apart from that machine gun/grenade problem how isnt it tactical?
Sun 02/05/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
dark child wrote:
> delta force 1-2 and loved thoes

AHahahahahhaha.
Delta Force 1 - let alone any - a tactical shooter?
I want whatever you've been smoking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.