GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driv3r"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:12
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
What are your opinions on this game, what is it going to be like?
I'm really looking forward to this game.
Fri 30/04/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> If anyone is feeling nostalgic, do not under any
> circumstances, try playing Driver or Driver 2.

The man talks sense, trust him. Unforunetly it's too late for me, but you can save yourselves!
Fri 30/04/04 at 22:49
Regular
I am looking forward to this game. I loved Driver 1 and 2. I just hope that the third does not get to linear and that they include secret cars that you have to unlock and find. It looks like we will be getting many of those city-roaming games ths year.
The titles I have heard of are: True crime 2, The getaway 2, GTA: San Andreas, DRIV3R, Spider man 2 and maybe Jak 3 if it is based on the gameplay from Jak 2.
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
leflus wrote:
> I am looking forward to this game. I loved Driver 1 and 2. I just hope
> that the third does not get to linear.

The Undercover mode will probably be more linear than a ruler, but it was the same in the last ones and no-one complained. But the freeride mode should be much better as you'll be able to just walk around shooting stuff and nicking cars, I suppose it'll be like a mini GTA in a way after all.
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:07
"period drama"
Driver 1 had a great structure, where you picked your missions off the answer-machine. But once you picked one, you couldn't go back and do the others, which would have been nice.
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:11
Regular
I read in an interview with one of the developers that DRIV3R will actually have quite a freeform style, and a branching storyline but not the extent of GTA and Deus Ex.

Anyway, forget all that, have you seen the graphics? I could eat that game.
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I can't wait to try out those new crash physics myself. I've a feeling I won't be needing Destruction Derby anymore. To be honest, I'm actually looking forward to Driver 3 more than San Andreas, which I'm quite surprised at. Plus as you say Mav, the graphics look brilliant, I'm also looking foward to my first drive down the sun drenched streets of Miami, the cities look so life like.
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:20
Regular
Destruction Derby 2 was such a class game. It's unfortunate that the recent one was a pile of crap :(.

Driver 3, aside from Half-Life 2, is my most anticipated game.
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:
> Destruction Derby 2 was such a class game. It's unfortunate that the
> recent one was a pile of crap :(.

Yea DD2 was certainly the best in the series, by a country mile. I did buy Arenas but it just doesn't live up to the older title.
Sat 01/05/04 at 00:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> If anyone is feeling nostalgic, do not under any
> circumstances, try playing Driver or Driver 2.
>

I did this just the other day.

It ruined all my happy memories of it.

Did the same with some of the Pro Evo games on PS1 too. Almost makes you feel sick...
Sat 01/05/04 at 10:48
Regular
C'mon... it can't be that bad... surely?

It was such a spectacular game for its time...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.