GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just a fashion statement"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 23:49
Regular
How much do we pay to look good?

How much do console manufacturers pay to make their console look good? Well, in Sony's position, they had the PlayStation - looked a bit dull, but it was exciting and new - something 'cool' in the eyes of the market, so aesthetically, in physical terms, it didn't matter that it looked like a big grey slab.

PS2, on the other hand, despite people saying it looks like a radiator, actually looks quite good - very well branded - everyone wants a PS2, not a Dreamcast these days.

Branding, looks, choice.

You pay your money, you get ripped off, but then we can't all be Japanese.

Many happy returns of the day.

Don't judge a console by it's clothes, judge it by what it can do - thus, GCN - looks like an oversized lego brick, quality, don't worry about it - the games will come, the machine will rock, and aesthetics will only matter when you turn the machine on.

You know what I am saying! So X Box - big, fat and ugly - bothered loads - it's what goes on inside, and if it takes a DVD player sized box to achieve the most incredible game you've never seen before then let it be so.

Thanks for reading, you know who I am.
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:15
Regular
Dan you there.....or are you swapping back to Amazon again?!!!
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:14
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Hmmm. Drugs ARE illegal, you know.

Who cares I'll have what he's on!
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:13
Dav1d wrote:

You would never guess what youve missed!

lol
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hmmm. Drugs ARE illegal, you know.
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:12
Regular
Are you OK Whoooo Style!?

One dodgy post is acceptable, but 2 you start to get a little worried!
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:10
Regular
YO DAN! ....... LOL

You would never guess what youve missed!
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:09
Regular
"How Handy."
When the lights of trees shines dully on the uniform mazes of the mind, the complexity of the head, what happens? How DO you like your toast? The flames burn me, oakleys or not, the light is blinding? Am I still alive? Why am I here? Who are we? Is there anyone out there? Why is life so grey? Why not blue. For many squirrals chew stone to produce leaves, to make the world go round? What's happening? How. It's not important. Dreams of Angels, thoughts of demons. Why does the mind stray? The light deafens me, from behind the walls, from in the walls, from all around. Where are we, if not here?
Great lads...
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> No, once you become a regular you stay a regular.

Of course, the
> colour of your name is of no consequence. If you post crap and never
> contribute, you will be a newbie in our eyes forever.

Yeah, I suppose Regular is just a little word next to your name, and the main think is enjoying these forums, which I have to admit I do
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:07
Regular
I'm using enters now after each line.........

hopefully that will give me a few extra words.........

and yes..........

you've probably noticed the dots aswell...................

:0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.