GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just a fashion statement"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 23:49
Regular
How much do we pay to look good?

How much do console manufacturers pay to make their console look good? Well, in Sony's position, they had the PlayStation - looked a bit dull, but it was exciting and new - something 'cool' in the eyes of the market, so aesthetically, in physical terms, it didn't matter that it looked like a big grey slab.

PS2, on the other hand, despite people saying it looks like a radiator, actually looks quite good - very well branded - everyone wants a PS2, not a Dreamcast these days.

Branding, looks, choice.

You pay your money, you get ripped off, but then we can't all be Japanese.

Many happy returns of the day.

Don't judge a console by it's clothes, judge it by what it can do - thus, GCN - looks like an oversized lego brick, quality, don't worry about it - the games will come, the machine will rock, and aesthetics will only matter when you turn the machine on.

You know what I am saying! So X Box - big, fat and ugly - bothered loads - it's what goes on inside, and if it takes a DVD player sized box to achieve the most incredible game you've never seen before then let it be so.

Thanks for reading, you know who I am.
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:49
How much do we pay to look good?

How much do console manufacturers pay to make their console look good? Well, in Sony's position, they had the PlayStation - looked a bit dull, but it was exciting and new - something 'cool' in the eyes of the market, so aesthetically, in physical terms, it didn't matter that it looked like a big grey slab.

PS2, on the other hand, despite people saying it looks like a radiator, actually looks quite good - very well branded - everyone wants a PS2, not a Dreamcast these days.

Branding, looks, choice.

You pay your money, you get ripped off, but then we can't all be Japanese.

Many happy returns of the day.

Don't judge a console by it's clothes, judge it by what it can do - thus, GCN - looks like an oversized lego brick, quality, don't worry about it - the games will come, the machine will rock, and aesthetics will only matter when you turn the machine on.

You know what I am saying! So X Box - big, fat and ugly - bothered loads - it's what goes on inside, and if it takes a DVD player sized box to achieve the most incredible game you've never seen before then let it be so.

Thanks for reading, you know who I am.
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:52
Regular
"How Handy."
Who is this man and what is he talking about?? I demand an answer!
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:54
Regular
HOW DARE YOU CALL IT AN OVERSIZED LEGO BRICK

A washing machine is far more accurate, anyway the size of the GC makes it feel quite smart!
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:55
Regular
Whoooo Style! wrote:
> Who is this man and what is he talking about?? I demand an answer!

2K1 might be a clue
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:55
I'm a figment of your imagination, glasses on!

>~~FLASH~~<
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:56
Dan?
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:57
Dringo wrote:
> HOW DARE YOU CALL IT AN OVERSIZED LEGO BRICK

Just like a human, it's what's on the inside - what it can achieve that counts, not what it looks like.

So GCN could look like a melon for all I care, so long as it performs and plays great games!

2K1
Thu 19/07/01 at 00:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The Xbox isn't something you could take on a bus to a mate's though, is it.
Thu 19/07/01 at 00:00
Bandy wrote:
> Dan?

Amazon
Thu 19/07/01 at 00:02
Amazon2K1 wrote:
> Bandy wrote:
> Dan?

Amazon

Amazon2K1 = Dan2K1

I would like to apoligise if I am mistaken

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.