GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Stars: The Results"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/04/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Underbean"
nintendo did quite well in this here are the results:
i have put a star next to the games on nintendo gc and gba and a star for the games only on nintendo
Best Action Game - James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing*
Best Multiplayer Game - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!**
Best Adventure Game - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker**
Best Pocket Game - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire**
Best Licensed Game - Star Wars: KotOR
Best Sports Game - Championship Manager
Best Racing Game - Need For Speed: Underground*
Best Newcomer - EyeToy: Play
People's Choice - EyeToy: Play
Most Wanted - Driv3r *
9 stars in total putting it in front of ps2
x box hardly got any
Sun 02/05/04 at 18:03
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> They are still better than the 64 levels.
>
> Lets make a big circle with a hole in the middle and drive around and
> around...
>
> And that flat level on the 64 was also dull... very dull.

Well obviously you just haven't played it enough. :P

Also I believe one of DD's levels was a dumbed down version of the circle one you dislike... actually big donut allowed for some great tactics, although the new version is too small to do anything but mosh (which is a shame).

Which falt level are we talking about? The green one where you could hide down the bottom or 'snipe' with green and red shells from the top? That's tactics and gameplay right there, much less of that type of play can be drawn out of DD's battle mode.
Sun 02/05/04 at 17:52
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> It is beautiful, if you don't love it as the best Mario Kart game
> then you obviously haven't played it enough.

Ooh... controversial.

Nah, I don't think that it's the best Mario Kart game. Very good, yes, but certainly nothing great. Some of the battle arena design really is unforgivable.
Sun 02/05/04 at 16:15
Regular
They are still better than the 64 levels.

Lets make a big circle with a hole in the middle and drive around and around...

And that flat level on the 64 was also dull... very dull.
Sun 02/05/04 at 16:14
Regular
"8==="
Heh.

"Let's make a really innovative battle level..."

"Nah lets just make a small purple square that looks like cube lid."

Must be amazing when you play it with 5+ players... or completely awful ... hmmm I'm betting on 'completely awful'.
Sun 02/05/04 at 16:08
Regular
The size of the battle arena's take getting used too after 64's but you go adapt to them.

As for the game itself, the added incentive of the co-operative mode, the far superior level design and the fantastic stratigic element not only make it better than Mario Kart 64... but every Mario Kart to date.

It is beautiful, if you don't love it as the best Mario Kart game then you obviously haven't played it enough.
Sun 02/05/04 at 16:03
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I played MK:DD for the first time round a mates house, and thought it was alright. Seemed much more random that MK64 though. And I agree on the battle arenas being a bit crap. The ones in 64 were better IMO. Although the tilting one is pretty good fun, especially on that mode where you only have Bob-Ombs... They should have included a level just like block fort. That was absolutey classic.
Sun 02/05/04 at 14:48
Regular
"8==="
tphi wrote:

> Ok, now you really are exagerating. DD has some great tracks. Yoshi
> Circuit,

I was talking about the muliplayer arenas. Shouldn't have said 'tracks' but instead 'levels'.
>
> As for best cube multiplayer: I'd pick one of the Monkey Balls.
>
> Now you're talking rehashes. Most of the games are rips of others.
> The only good one on there is Monkey Target, and that was screwed up
> in the second one anyway.

Undoubtedly, however they're still vastly preferable to the pathetic multiplayer levels of DD and a few extra modes of gameplay can't save it because the levels are of a really poor quality (I'd expect levels like that on a gameboy version but not on a next-gen console.
Sun 02/05/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Cyclone wrote:

> - Go into old warehouses etc and burn it around while listening to
> 'music'

Well, I'm not making any promises.

;)
Sun 02/05/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Cyclone wrote:
> - Buy a Nova

No danger there, I hate those things. I'm not sure what I'd want to mod first but I'll have to watch the insurance, if it's going to put the insurance through the roof then I'll wait a couple of years till it goes down a bit.
Sun 02/05/04 at 13:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As long as you don't;

- Spend so much money on a car you could in fact buy a far better one instead
- Buy a Nova
- Go into old warehouses etc and burn it around while listening to 'music'
- Kill any grannies

fine by me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.