GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sony are geting a game that they hope will be a halo beater"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 16:51
Regular
"object"
sony are terified of halo 2 cause poeple will buy xbox just so they can get halo 2, so sony are geting a game called killzone they hope it will be a halo beater ps 2 only
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That website hasn't been updated for yonks.

And it looks awful.

E3 should change that.

maybe.
Thu 06/05/04 at 15:15
Regular
Just checked, turns out they made two previous Duke Nukem games and a Die Hard Trilogy title. Duke Nukem games weren't bad, great fun at times, so that isn't a bad past. At least they have some previous FPS' done.

But it is quite worrying that they also made Mary Kate & Ashley games, because they suck, easily the worst game I've had the displeasure of playing on my Cube (I got it free :-P). They'll have to really pull something out of the bag if Geist is going to live up to expectations, but we've seen it with Retro and hopefully we'll see it happen again.

It'd be interesting to see if 'Hope', also on their website, appears at E3. If it's another FPS for the Cube I could finally have a bit of choice other than Red Faction II and Bond.
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:07
Regular
I think I heard something about them doing some PC FPS, but that might have been another company.
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:05
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> N-Space had nothing to do with Reign of Fire. That's Kuju, who are in
> charge of Cube Wars.

Then what have N-Space done in the past?
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Jmaul wrote:
> sony wud worry cos they are the worst console make to be alive

I think I speak for everyone when I say; Muh?
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:10
"Welcome To My World"
sony wud worry cos they are the worst console make to be alive
Wed 05/05/04 at 19:35
Regular
N-Space had nothing to do with Reign of Fire. That's Kuju, who are in charge of Cube Wars.
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:28
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> If it wasn't being published by Nintendo you wouldn't give it a second
> look.

Perhaps, but then you can't blame us.

Nintendo have a track record for making great games, and their first stab at the FPS genre, in Metroid Prime, was superb. Now they're trying something a bit more towards the conventional side, with what looks to be a Half-Life-esque approach and a healthy injection of innovation.

I know what to expect with Doom 3, but from Nintendo's point of view, they've entered a whole new area. They could do anything, and the snippets of information they've given us already have been nothing if not interesting. It reminds me of their first go at the RTS genre, Pikmin, and that was an excellent game.

N-Space, even though they don't have the most impressive history, displayed some interesting ideas in Reign of Fire and with the guidance and demand for quality of Nintendo (who, since the buyout, must have sorted the wheat from the chaff), look like a good team to develop a promising game.

Doom 3 may turn out better, it probably will in fact, but I find Geist much more exciting.
Wed 05/05/04 at 16:17
Regular
": ("
Doom 3 does not attract me in any way (inc. sexually), i hate horror games (yes, that does inc. Resi Evils) so i will let this game fly over my shoulder at the release.
This new Rainbow Six 3 game is reminding me of when i had SOCOM 2, SOCOM 2 was almost identical to SOCOM 1 and should have been a kind of Expansion or download. I looked on GAMEs website and saw some of the screenshots, the only difference is the maps!
But despite the identical appearence to RS3 i will still get it.
Wed 05/05/04 at 15:23
Regular
Bar crap graphics and a slightly dodgy control system, Reign of Fire was great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.