GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Gasp* Need....need file sharing program..*ARRGHH*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 18:38
Regular
Does anyone know of a decent music file sharing program like Napster. Obviously as many of you know, Napster has turned into Crapster, because now you cant download ripped/illegal music, just original users stuff.

So I need one that works - one that enables you to download 'illegal' tracks for free, like Napster did. Ive found a few, but none of them have lived up to napster's ability's.

Any ideas?
Fri 27/07/01 at 16:38
For all your filesharing needs I suggest you look at the following site:

http://www.zeropaid.com/
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I suppose I really should point out that I'm not making any accusations about the Bear Share users here...
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:37
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Audio Galaxy is totally brilliant. So easy to line up a huge list of tracks for downloading. Also, leave it on overnight and you can be pretty much guaranteed that all the tracks you wanted will be ready and waiting for listening over your Corn Flakes.

KaZaA is an altight piece of software, but doesn't really have enough users to be great. With more users it could grow on me - espically as all sorts of files can be shared.

I didn't like Bear Share. It seems to be for a certain "dodgy" sort of market. If you'd like a better idea of what I'm on about, download it and look at the bar that shows you what other users on your server are searching for... sick sick sick people.
Wed 25/07/01 at 19:53
Ok, thanks peeps. Ill give them all a try.

And as Andy said - as Napster is down, lots of others will open and will be impossible to shut them all down - oops on the music industry!
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I agree with the game. Audio galaxy is the best i have found and i use it alot.
Sun 22/07/01 at 11:25
no no no, Really do ket kazaa. Its amazing.

Imesh is so unreliable, few users and is generally pants. Where as Kazaa seems to be a napster hybrid. Get pics, audio, vids any file that anybody wants to share basically.
Sat 21/07/01 at 18:16
Regular
Win MX. This program logs onto various servers including the NApster server when it is online.
Sat 21/07/01 at 17:42
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Atomic_Koala wrote:
> www.imesh.com

just like napster, although they cant cancel your
> transfer and you can get music videos as well.

I agree, Imesh is the best. You can download Audio, Video, Software, Documents and Images.
Sat 21/07/01 at 17:30
www.aimster.com
this is a good program beter than bearshare which is simply
a gnutella network browser
and i dont think aimster is
Wed 18/07/01 at 09:53
Regular
The music industry really shot themselves in the foot with this one. They were given the choice to slowly limit Napster or make a small ammount of money from it or take them to court and watch lots of little programs pop up. Anyway on the subject of a decent program we featured on in the upwire yesterday called BearShare which is avaliable at www.bearshare.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.