GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Gasp* Need....need file sharing program..*ARRGHH*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 18:38
Regular
Does anyone know of a decent music file sharing program like Napster. Obviously as many of you know, Napster has turned into Crapster, because now you cant download ripped/illegal music, just original users stuff.

So I need one that works - one that enables you to download 'illegal' tracks for free, like Napster did. Ive found a few, but none of them have lived up to napster's ability's.

Any ideas?
Tue 17/07/01 at 18:38
Does anyone know of a decent music file sharing program like Napster. Obviously as many of you know, Napster has turned into Crapster, because now you cant download ripped/illegal music, just original users stuff.

So I need one that works - one that enables you to download 'illegal' tracks for free, like Napster did. Ive found a few, but none of them have lived up to napster's ability's.

Any ideas?
Tue 17/07/01 at 22:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Your best bet would be Audio Galaxy.

The interface is quite hard to get to grips with at first but if you can make sens out of it it's great!

Unlike Napster, your files continue to download when you comeback off line after being disconnected or disconnecting out of choice! Also, people can't cancel your download if they don't like you...

It's quite good and you can get most songs from there. All MP3 format.

A VERY good choice, but like I said, it's hard to get used to, but it's the only cheese you'll find anytime soon!

www.audiogalaxy.com

DOWNLOAD THE SATELLITE!

Game
Tue 17/07/01 at 22:57
www.imesh.com

just like napster, although they cant cancel your transfer and you can get music videos as well.
Wed 18/07/01 at 01:22
"Uzi Lover"
imesh? pah

You want kazaa, after Napster went I thought hold on I need another file sharing, so i went with imesh which was unrealiable then bearshare.

On Bearshare the servers couldn't always connect and download times were slow so I didn't use that.

The best program for file sharing is Kazaa, very realiable etc etc you should try it you. I highly reccommend it over any other file sharing program.
Wed 18/07/01 at 09:53
Regular
The music industry really shot themselves in the foot with this one. They were given the choice to slowly limit Napster or make a small ammount of money from it or take them to court and watch lots of little programs pop up. Anyway on the subject of a decent program we featured on in the upwire yesterday called BearShare which is avaliable at www.bearshare.com
Sat 21/07/01 at 17:30
www.aimster.com
this is a good program beter than bearshare which is simply
a gnutella network browser
and i dont think aimster is
Sat 21/07/01 at 17:42
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Atomic_Koala wrote:
> www.imesh.com

just like napster, although they cant cancel your
> transfer and you can get music videos as well.

I agree, Imesh is the best. You can download Audio, Video, Software, Documents and Images.
Sat 21/07/01 at 18:16
Regular
Win MX. This program logs onto various servers including the NApster server when it is online.
Sun 22/07/01 at 11:25
no no no, Really do ket kazaa. Its amazing.

Imesh is so unreliable, few users and is generally pants. Where as Kazaa seems to be a napster hybrid. Get pics, audio, vids any file that anybody wants to share basically.
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I agree with the game. Audio galaxy is the best i have found and i use it alot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.