GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where will gaming be in say 100 years time??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 12:16
Regular
I just wondered with the PSOne at 32 bits and the N64 at 64 bit and the Dreamcast and Playstaion 2 at 120 bit, I wondered what will happen in a 100 years time (I certainly won't be around to see it anyway!!) what gaming will be like. It will probably be amazing with graphics to die for.

What do you guys think?

Will gaming be better than now or could gaming go downhill. It is weird to think about it but what do you lot think?

Alos, how much do you reckon the systems will cost if the PS2 is 120 bit and £300, what if the graphics are 10 times better than the PS2. They could charge a bomb and still sell loads?

Anyone have an opinion?
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:16
Regular
I just wondered with the PSOne at 32 bits and the N64 at 64 bit and the Dreamcast and Playstaion 2 at 120 bit, I wondered what will happen in a 100 years time (I certainly won't be around to see it anyway!!) what gaming will be like. It will probably be amazing with graphics to die for.

What do you guys think?

Will gaming be better than now or could gaming go downhill. It is weird to think about it but what do you lot think?

Alos, how much do you reckon the systems will cost if the PS2 is 120 bit and £300, what if the graphics are 10 times better than the PS2. They could charge a bomb and still sell loads?

Anyone have an opinion?
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yes it is fun to think what the whole of gaming will be like in a centuries time but to be honest nobody has a clue.

Take this for example... Think of something like the internet.

100 years ago nobody would have thought of something like a computer never mind sending a messgae to someone on the other side of the world in a few seconds or chatting to someone from America or even Wales ;)

So technology goes starnge ways and strange things happen. Of course in a hunfred years the Earth may not be here, we might have World War 4 with sticks and stones.

So just let your imagination run wild :)
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:31
I think that you will be around in 100 years time cos technology will have to so advanced that humans will be almost emortal, except for if someone eats you then you will still die. Anyway I think that in 100 years time gaming will be like going into the matrix. If you have seen the matrix film you will understand waht I meen by this. I think that fro every game you will be hooked up to a system where you are then put into the computer game to move around it freely just like you do in the real world. The graphics will be so advanced that you won't know your in a game things will look just as they do when you look out of the window. I reckon that the systems will cost around £2500 but the games will still be around the same size. If you ask me that is a bit too much to pay for the system so when they are released and I am 117 years young and still kicking I'm gonna get into my high speed hover wheel chair and ramraid the local Commet superstore and run off with a couple, so if you get in touch with me then you will be able to get one for cheap.

Anyway in 100 years time i don't think that there will be much liesure time cos rats and mice will have evolved, taken over the world and use humans for their immortal slaves.
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."

"Breakthrough in Gaming Achieved after a Century of Anguish"

In a press statement released today, Nintendo announced that they had finally cracked the 'muddy graphics' problem that was generally associated with their VR head sets and Brain Implant Technology System (B.I.T.S.).

Norichi Yakazama stated: "Users of Nintendo's popular BITS system were complaining of dizzyness, fuzzy imagery, headaches and back pains, so we took another look at the development systems that were in place at the time of manufacture, and corrected the problem. We stopped making it, basically."

In related news, it was announced today that the first 100% realistic in-game experience had been achieved by Sega, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Box Corporation of America. In another press release they announced:

"We've been working on Shenmue MCMXVII for a few years, and finally we've managed to incorporate 'user-interactive intelligence' into the game. In effect, for the player this means that everytime they speak to a character in the game they won't be able to understand a word of what they are saying because the voice acting is so bad. But at least now they will get their feet wet when they walk through the grassy areas."

Other news:

Books: What were they?
Travel: Saturn for Summertime - the true cost of interplanetary package tours.
Science: The elusive cure for Nintyness.
Technology: BT 'may' announce agreement for toll free internet access.
Sport: Man. Utd. win World Cup for the ninth time.
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
:D at FM's post!

I'd rather go to Mars myself
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:04
Regular
"How Handy."
Do you think ADSL will be rolled out in my area by then??
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:05
Regular
Do you live in Wales?
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:07
Regular
"How Handy."
No. Manchester actually. BT keep telling me it's available but it's not. I have asked.
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:08
Regular
*FM stares into his crystal ball....*

By the year 2101 Manchester will have ADSL.
By the year 2101 Wales will have its first telephone box.
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:14
Regular
"How Handy."
lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.