GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Sun 09/05/04 at 12:05
Regular
This game rocks!

Started playing it last night and I'm really enjoying myself. Excellent little game kinda Running Man meets Splinter Cell...sort of.

Love the atmosphere and the whole violent, dark and nasty feel to the game. The enemies are excellent and in some cases very funny/scary. One excellent moment was when I was running away from a hood (gang member with a kind hood thing on suprisingly) I went to hide in the shadows, now usually they can't see you if you go in the dark areas a little like Splinter Cell, so I'm standing there thinking he won't be able to find me, he walks up slowly, looks straight at me and yells "You think I'm stupid mother f--ker, you're gonna die now" as he lunges at me with a crowbar, I cacked myself. The game really is like nothing I've played before in terms of content, nothing like having a hillbilly type person shout "White power" just before you plunge your crowbar into his shiny skull (the sound it makes get me every time *cringes*).

Really is a disturbing and original take on stealth games. If you're bored of sneaking around in the shadows of Splinter Cell and shooting someone every 10 minutes then I really recommend you give this one a go, it won't be for everyone what with the large amount of swearage and some of the most grissly violence I've seen this side of a snuff movie.

5 thumbs up from me Rockstar.
Sun 09/05/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Cogito, Ergo Doleo."
It sounds very interesting and original, I thought on the face of it, it was going to be just a big bloodbath, but it doesn't seem that way at all.
Sun 09/05/04 at 14:18
Regular
Sounds pretty good, I may have to purchase this now.

How long are the levels, Tilta? I mean, are there alot of gangs and thugs in the levels?
Sun 09/05/04 at 15:32
Regular
The levels I've played so far have taken about 30-40 minutes each. They're split up into sections, you have to kill all the gang members and complete objectives in each section before you move on.
Sun 09/05/04 at 16:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Hmmm...I am really tempted to claim this as my spare GAD.
Sun 09/05/04 at 17:13
Regular
Whats the worst (most sickening) attack you've done so far?
Sun 09/05/04 at 17:19
Regular
Me thinks either the the hardest crowbar attack which is a stab in the back which brings the enemy down to their knees, and then he plunges the length of the crowbar into the guys skull with the sickest of crunching noises.

Or there's the garot wire. He strangles the guy with it but then keeps rubbing it back and forward on the guys neck till blood spurts out then eventually the guys head rolls off. What made me laugh though was you can then pick up the head and use it for a distraction like the cans in Splinter Cell.

Oh and there's also an attack with the shard of glass which is basically a dirty great stab in the kidneys and then a couple of jabs in the eyes with much blood squirtage.

There's plenty more and DAMN some of them are sick.
Sun 09/05/04 at 17:35
Regular
Whoa, messy.
Sun 09/05/04 at 17:44
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
*cue Mr. Burns voice*

Excellent.
Sun 09/05/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Cogito, Ergo Doleo."
Lol, this sounds more like a tarrantino movie than a game... will get it for the over the top, laugh out loud element :)
Sun 09/05/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'll be honest.

This sounds sweet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.