GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Sun 09/05/04 at 12:05
Regular
This game rocks!

Started playing it last night and I'm really enjoying myself. Excellent little game kinda Running Man meets Splinter Cell...sort of.

Love the atmosphere and the whole violent, dark and nasty feel to the game. The enemies are excellent and in some cases very funny/scary. One excellent moment was when I was running away from a hood (gang member with a kind hood thing on suprisingly) I went to hide in the shadows, now usually they can't see you if you go in the dark areas a little like Splinter Cell, so I'm standing there thinking he won't be able to find me, he walks up slowly, looks straight at me and yells "You think I'm stupid mother f--ker, you're gonna die now" as he lunges at me with a crowbar, I cacked myself. The game really is like nothing I've played before in terms of content, nothing like having a hillbilly type person shout "White power" just before you plunge your crowbar into his shiny skull (the sound it makes get me every time *cringes*).

Really is a disturbing and original take on stealth games. If you're bored of sneaking around in the shadows of Splinter Cell and shooting someone every 10 minutes then I really recommend you give this one a go, it won't be for everyone what with the large amount of swearage and some of the most grissly violence I've seen this side of a snuff movie.

5 thumbs up from me Rockstar.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:43
Regular
The funnies**t one was putting a brick through the caravan window whils**t the guy was taking a sh*t only to plas**tic bag him and break his nose as he came out to inves**tigate. Despite not being able to smell, entering the caravan made me cringe but the nail gun was worth it.
Tue 11/05/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I am convinced to get this.
For PC though, of course.
Mon 10/05/04 at 23:31
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Have you done the Machette execution yet? Where he takes the head off
> in 3 lops?

Yeah that's what I meant when I said meat cleaver.

One of the worst I've seen so far is the sicle to groin *shudders*

Love the way you pop people up close with the shotgun sometimes and their head turns into a polo shape. Just completed the bit in the mental asylum, god the enemies there are funny/sick. The one who runs around muttering too himself as if he's his wife because he obviously killed her is just wrong. "You've been out again haven't you? f***ing that wh*re and neglecting your kids" or "Oh god honey I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it, breath honey, breath"

It's not just the violence that makes this game so disturbing, some of the stuff the enemies come out with is just so wrong yet funny in most cases.
Getting chased by a fat man with smiley face mask attached to his head, swinging a mallet at you as he yells "Daddy wants to play with you, you don't want to upset your daddy do you?" is quite a disturbing experience.
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:40
Regular
Sounds good, but I think I'll wait until it's cheap as I already have Hitman Contracts to get, along with Splinter Cell and Hitman 2 to complete.

Oh, and I'm never going to trust Tiltawhirl after his claims that Harry Potter was good. :-)
Mon 10/05/04 at 19:42
Regular
Have you done the Machette execution yet? Where he takes the head off in 3 lops?

I completed it just before I sold my PS2 and I haven't really played all that much since buying the Xbox version, want to compelte it though to cap as many 3 star ratings as I can.
Mon 10/05/04 at 16:03
Regular
They most likely took the decapitations out of Ninja Gaiden to keep the rating down, probably going for a teen rating. In the US it got an M which probably resulted in a few less sales...though judging by the way GTA and games like that sell I'm probably wrong.

Manhunt just keeps getting sicker, the worst kill now is with the meat cleaver. One massive slice into the stomach, then a decapitation of the head...only it takes 3 slices t make the head roll. Oh and then there's also the new weapon I've just got, a Sicle, but I won't spoil that for anyone who plans on getting the game.

Another thing I love about the game is all the different characters and the comments they come out with. Last night I came across a really fat guy with some kind of freaky baby mask on holding a meat cleaver, he's supposed to be one of those retards that behaves like a 10 year old even though he's a grown man. He runs round saying things like "I heard the nasty, come out and play mr nasty" and the best one was "I'm not fat, I'm not fat, I'M NOT FAT". Or another time I was sneaking up behind some mexican bandito guy and just before I killed him he said "Maybe I should go find a quiet corner and jerk off, all this tension is killing me".

God this game is so wrong on so many levels.
Sun 09/05/04 at 21:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ßulle†† wrote:
> And to think they're going to censor the Ninja Gaiden decapitations
> for Europe. Fools.

Will Ninja Gaiden be an 18? Maybe they removed the decapitations(such and ugly word) to avoid an 18 rating, so that they could have a wider audience?
Sun 09/05/04 at 21:31
Regular
Glad to see it hasn't been censored for it's re-release.

I honestly saw this as a prime candidate for a banning.

And to think they're going to censor the Ninja Gaiden decapitations for Europe. Fools.
Sun 09/05/04 at 19:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wouldn't say sweet. Rather...mildly over the top.
Sun 09/05/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'll be honest.

This sounds sweet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.