GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Winning Eleven 8 (Pro Evo 4)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Mon 10/05/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I recently received an e-mail from playasia.com about the forth coming release of Winning Eleven 8, it has some details about what new features to expect in the game:

---------------------------

Good news for all soccer (we call it football, but, oh, well) fans out there. Konami of Japan has announced the forthcoming World Soccer Winning Eleven 8, for release on the PlayStation 2™ this Summer.

The street date is set exactly one year and one day after World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 was released in Japan (for the curious: Winning Eleven 6 was released on 25 of April 2002, so we don't exactly have one-year intervals).

The game will feature over 130 playable teams in Master League mode, as well as a new system that helps you even out the growth and decline of your system's particular talents, so you can tweak them to become better at certain things.

We've listed known features as of today:

- 138 master league teams available
- More than 200 teams planned
- Player names should be accurate for teams from England, Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the Netherlands
- Free kicks can be played with one or two players
- New modes for through pass and centering allowing more control to the player
- Jerseys get dirty during gameplay
- Improved control of players & ball
- New Help screens & pause screen with quick control
- Referee is visible on the field during play
- JFA licenced Japan A team and Japan under 23 team

We look at a few very nice additions while the list from above is not meant to be complete yet.

Free kicks can now played with two players (free kicks were not particularly easy to play in WE7 and often resulted into just kicking the ball away), we should have new ball control techniques, we have new modes for development or retirement of master league players etc.

They said we'll be looking to incorporate new Soccer rules, while we have no clue which ones they should be (ie. which ones were missing in WE7/PES3).

World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 is available for preorder for US$59.90 only and is expected to ship on 5th of Aug 2004. Don't miss it, we wouldn't want to either.

--------------------------

It looks as though Konami are tweaking the game even further and I for one can't wait :)
Mon 17/05/04 at 08:46
I read somewhere that although FIFA claims to be fully licensed, a lot of the lower league players are TOTALLY wrong, like they are black instead of white etc.

So unless you\'ve compared every player in the game to every players real life face and found them to be the same, then stop going on about some feature that isn\'t actually good at all.
Thu 13/05/04 at 00:08
Regular
"es argh"
Atleast the 35 yard curler from nowhere is still an ever present.
Thu 13/05/04 at 00:04
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Odd thing is, Fifa 2004 has been the first Fifa i have actually been able to score free kicks on. Problem is they were made shockingly easy, so moreo often than not i could score from 45 yards.
Wed 12/05/04 at 23:19
Regular
"es argh"
FF.

The free kick system on Fifa is diabolical. Like a bloody tactics game.

No one cares about playing in the K-league.

Fifa's been trying to catch Pes up since the first ISS on the Playstation.

I larf so much at how you think its better. I mean, have you even played a match? There is completely no replay value. The passes, crap, don't even go to the right places.

The graphics, I thought they were meant to better, oh how wrong I was.

Overall FF likes watching adverts because he's a brainwashed tard.

Inspector badgur is fantastuc.
Wed 12/05/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> [URL]http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/pro_evolution_soccer_3_edit.txt[/URL]
>
> Everything you'll need.

Doesn't work, it says Referrer Link Error :/
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Stridman™ wrote:
> Pro Evo 4 might put me off a bit because of the names they give clubs,
> if they're not aloud to put the actual names (for some reason) then
> i'd rather they just stick with countries.
>
> Will they have proper names this time?

They're going to have more real names than they had in PES3, but probably not all. Still, it doesn't matter. Who cares if they don't have a bunch of Albania players' names?

And even if the club names aren't right (which I presume will be updated), you can easily edit them, as lakers said.

Oh, and licensing. That's why there are no names. *weep*
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Stridman™ wrote:
> if they're not aloud to put the actual names (for some reason)

Ahahahha.
You've obviously no idea how the world works at all.
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
For the countries teams stated in the preview there, the rest you'll have to edit yourself. A small price to pay for an awesome game
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:15
Regular
": ("
Pro Evo 4 might put me off a bit because of the names they give clubs, if they're not aloud to put the actual names (for some reason) then i'd rather they just stick with countries.

Will they have proper names this time?
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Forest Fan wrote:

A load of utter toss finally finished off with this classic quote

> If Pro Evo is only just catching up with FIFA, what will FIFA 2005 be
> like? :)

Pro Evo just catching up with FIFA? What bloody planet are you on? Pro Evo passed it 6 years ago and has just been getting better and better while Fifa has been taking sidesteps with the occasional forward move. Pro Evo is 1000 times the game Fifa can ever hope to be, the only thing Fifa beats it on is meaningless licences. *Oooooh the new Georgian league, i'll definitly be buying Fifa now*

Bloody christian muppet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.