GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Toca 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'TOCA Touring Car Championship 2'.
Mon 10/05/04 at 19:45
Regular
Anyone still play it on LIVE?

Getting it for Free in a couple of days and am sort of looking forward to it, can imagine it being a cross between Project Gotham and Nascar Racing.

So anyone up for a game when I get it in a couple of days?
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:46
Regular
Must say I am quite impressed. Graphically tis extremely excellent, rich textures, high detail and a smooth frame rate all add to the overall feel of quality. Was a bit miffed to find out you could only use Analog controls as the D-Pad gives far more precision on corners. Will play it on LIVE tomorrow but have only just got back after having only 1 hour at home since 6:00am this morning so I am facked.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ßulle†† wrote:
> I have this, but I haven't gone back to it since getting stuck on the
> Vintage races. They should be easy but they're winding me up so
> much!
>
> Bloody Mustangs...

Try to keep the inside line and if there's another car near you then just handbrake it round the corner to side swipe it, you should get to the front of the pack no problem.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:19
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I eventually got past the American 1000 series, that was the most difficult series so far, especially trying to negotiate Surfers Paradise. I'm onto the GT90 series now, god those cars are ugly.

I also went back to playing PGR2 today as well and to be honest both games are brilliant in their own unique way, get both if you haven't already.

:)
Tue 11/05/04 at 18:59
Regular
"\\"
It only takes me 5 retries at macximum to complete a race... Usually near the beginning though so it aint too bad. 70% done... W00t.
Tue 11/05/04 at 18:35
Regular
I have this, but I haven't gone back to it since getting stuck on the Vintage races. They should be easy but they're winding me up so much!

Bloody Mustangs...
Tue 11/05/04 at 18:31
Regular
"\\"
Ever feel like we're the only ones that play this.

*looks at conversations with lack of other people*
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
F1 cars on ice tracks, that's how you flip them.
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:22
Regular
"\\"
Heh. Yeah. They're probably the hardest thing to do on the game (other than the ice track - try doing it in a F1 car, brilliant fun). Once i've go to 100% i'll start unlocking all the cars. Already got about 5 already.
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea you really need to stay low to get a good entrance to the pits on the ovals, otherwise you just spin out when you're car suddenly hits the flatter surface, or other cars block your path. But when you stay low the corners are pretty tough to negotiate because of the tighter line, so you've got to try and get a good position from the off. And people say Oval tracks are boring.

:)
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:16
Regular
"\\"
I knew i could get first as long as i got past the second corner and into the pits... However, it took me a while before i got round there without being spun off my a computer, or just losing it trying to turn into thee pits.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.