GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil on Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 18:28
Regular
We all know that Resident Evil Zero will be a brand new title for the Gamecube but rumour has it that Resident Evil 2 will be apearing on this next console and that Resident Evil (Yes the Original) with even more things to do. Also Mr.Miyamoto said that he likes discs so that he can make directors cuts. I cannot wait till the release.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:07
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Oh, hang on a damn minute! I meant 3000 less! Now 300! That's far worse!
Thu 19/07/01 at 20:15
MSR has better polygon count than GT3 ! PS2 users , don`t you dare try and use GT3 as your main reason for getting one , or we can really laugh at you now !
Thu 19/07/01 at 19:55
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
ResiFan or whatever the hell you're called, let me flood you with a few, yet fairly basic facts. Firstly, you can't compare Luigi's Mansion to GT3. Luigi Mansion is a very dark game and the lighting techniques it uses are the most demanding part of the game, not the polys. Also, Luigi's Mansion is 1st gen whereas GT3 is 2.5gen.
Now, let's get started on poly-pushing power. Seeing as you've picked at Luigi's Mansion, I'm going to pick on GT3 using the graphical prowess of Rogue Squadron 2. EACH ship in Rogue2 consists of around 30,000 polys and there are currently around a maximum of 30 ships onscreen at once, always running at 60fps. On the otherhand, we've got GT3, with each of its cars consisting of around 4000 (which, amusingly, is about 300 less than MSR on the ageing DC) with a max of, what? 6? 8? Pathetic.
Thu 19/07/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Back For Good"
kingklik wrote:
> Listen, PS2 scum. the only way ure gonna get ure filthy sony-driven
> hands on GCN Resi is if Capcom feel like earning a bit more cash by
> giving u a straight port with toned-down graphics.

i must have hit a nerve or sommin, Listen Capcom are an ultimate pain, everyone at capcom.com and all the resi forums agree.WHY? (takes breath)

RE 1.5 should be released,

Dreamcast titles RE2&3 have better graphics than PS versions.

PC owners don't and won't have CV

Resident Evil went off to sega.
(had to buy dreamcast) another £200

Res 1 on saturn has the battle mode.

RE2 dual shock version (PSX) has a new battle mode.
(another £10)

All resident evil's in Japan are Uncut and in complete full screen.

Res DC is dual shock in US and in Japan contains a bonus disc with 1.5 videos and info and special saves for REDC.

REDC is suposed to be uncut but someone messed up in a word.

Res survivor is a joke but US version isn't light gun compatible.

everyone's going mad trying to find out what the heck capcom are doing with the Wesker's Report. (mine's preordered)

RE2 64 has the ex files and other extras.

RE CVX is out for dreamcast in Japan and was promised here but look around it aint coming!!!

onimusha is a pretty bad PAL conversion

The Dino crises series has wandered off to the xbox.

gameboy version was canned after many promises

All RE games are very easy to find in US but are hard in the UK like DC and RE2 DS.

Mega Man x3+x4 are easy to buy in the US but are not availible in UK.
and bags of other stuff

Capcom, as fantastic as they are and how wonderfull they're games are Devil May Cry,Res evil,onimusha etc you can see untill it's sitting on the game shelf it's never guaranteed to be.

by the way looking at gran turismo and devil may cry an the remembering luigi's mansion on cybernet i think it's the other way round.
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:54
Cyclone , I know you don`t want to hear this , but Survivor is being released on GC and GBA .
Thu 19/07/01 at 17:47
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I own DC Code Veronica and think it is the best Resi ever but, unfortunately, as we all know, the DC isn't the best-selling console is it? There trully is no justice in this world, is there?
Why must all you Sony-lovers get all w*****-up when you hear the word 'Smackdown' or 'Final Fantasy'? Call yourselves gamers? Pah! You disgust me! I trully do believe there are two divisions to the gaming market - one being what I've just described with the other consisting of gamers like me, who know quality when they see it.
(By the way, I still like FF7. It's just 8 and 9 which are cheap cash-ins.)
Wed 18/07/01 at 18:55
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
which they did for resi evil code veronica that was supposed to be dc exclusive?
Wed 18/07/01 at 16:31
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Listen, PS2 scum. the only way ure gonna get ure filthy sony-driven hands on GCN Resi is if Capcom feel like earning a bit more cash by giving u a straight port with toned-down graphics.
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:01
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah Res 4 is confirmed for Gamecube release but capcom are a pain in the *** for changing plans like Code Veronica complete was promised for dreamcast but is only released in Japan i could go on forever.

just don't count on it.
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
isn't RD4 being released as well- Don't let them release Survivor - That was abysmal!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.