GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil on Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 18:28
Regular
We all know that Resident Evil Zero will be a brand new title for the Gamecube but rumour has it that Resident Evil 2 will be apearing on this next console and that Resident Evil (Yes the Original) with even more things to do. Also Mr.Miyamoto said that he likes discs so that he can make directors cuts. I cannot wait till the release.
Fri 20/07/01 at 12:25
o=res wrote:
the PS2 has a better lineup of games, Devil may cry,res evil CVX,4+5,wipeout,silent hill,agent under fire,alone in the dark,red faction,GT,MGS,tekken and there's nothing on the GC excluding res zero that appeals to me.

the fact is that alone in the dark is out on almost every console (including the dying DC), red faction although is good is more of a PC game , GT3 is just GT2 on steroids and Tekken is becoming more like the FIFA games. its like namco are just copy and pasting most of the stuff and adding little bits here and there.

kingkik wrote:
I own DC Code Veronica and think it is the best Resi ever but, unfortunately, as we all know, the DC isn't the best-selling console is it? There trully is no justice in this world, is there?
Why must all you Sony-lovers get all w*****-up when you hear the word 'Smackdown' or 'Final Fantasy'? Call yourselves gamers? Pah! You disgust me! I trully do believe there are two divisions to the gaming market - one being what I've just described with the other consisting of gamers like me, who know quality when they see it.
(By the way, I still like FF7. It's just 8 and 9 which are cheap cash-ins.)

hurah!!!!!!! (applause)
well said!!!!

for one thing i said to my firends once that i hated the final fantasy games, they replied with "and you call yourslef a gamer?", to which i replied "and you call yourself an up to date gamer when your using a menu system that isnt that much different fromt he days of the snes!?"

for god sake square at least change the music so that it at least dosesnt sound like its in MIDI format!!!!!(in reference to some of FF8's music)
Fri 20/07/01 at 10:39
"High polygon count"
Veron 4 wrote:
> okay, wookie where did u get your facts from? same question to
> kingklik.

A magazine interview with the game's creator. In other words, the horse's mouth!
Fri 20/07/01 at 10:26
Regular
okay, wookie where did u get your facts from? same question to kingklik.
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:28
"High polygon count"
kingklik wrote:
> Wookie, you are wrong.

No, I'm not. You just don't want to believe it.
Fri 20/07/01 at 07:54
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
And fair play to you Resi Fan.
Fri 20/07/01 at 07:53
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Wookie, you are wrong.
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:49
"High polygon count"
Just some facts about GT3...

Each car is around 10,000 polys.

The game pushes 20 to 25 millions polys/sec, depending on cars and track selected.
Thu 19/07/01 at 23:26
Regular
again it comes to down to wat type of game u like. I mylsef i am not really into Resi evil,silent hill, metal gear sold and Final fantasy. THe only games on the sony console i like are Gran turismo Driver2 and ISS pro evo. I can play these all on the Psone so i never wil have the need to buy a PS2 as these games are perfect. The only things which can be improved is the graphics and the loading time.
Thu 19/07/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Back For Good"
you're right luigi's mansion is very dark and concentrates on the lighting effects but you know what it doesn't really matter to me which can push this many polagons because from my point of view the PS2 has a better lineup of games, Devil may cry,res evil CVX,4+5,wipeout,silent hill,agent under fire,alone in the dark,red faction,GT,MGS,tekken and there's nothing on the GC excluding res zero that appeals to me.

IF you like the nintendo games or follow zelda or sommin then your gona be happy with your GC aren't you but to me all these specs don't mean much because it's really the performance of the games.And if the games aren't your style then your going to find the ones that are.

I'm still playing on mega man 2+3 on the old nes cus nothing has topped them as platformers to date.
My PC has higher specs than the PS2 and the GC but i don't use it for games because i just don't like anything on it.

what I'm saying is the PS2 is capable of some pretty fine graphics and can boost the soundtrack to 5:1 digital and runs the game as great as it needs to be.

i thought this was the res topic anyhow>?
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:07
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
NOT 300. FFS, what's wrong with me today?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.