GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should we have 5 'Jokeables'?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 15:53
Regular
My idea, which I am sure has been brought to attention before, is to have 5 forum funnies noted, not so surprisingly, as the funniest of the forums.

If the idea were to be sanctioned by the powers-that-be we could all vote to select 5 people, as was the case with the Notable Vote. It would mean nothing other than to put a title to their name and to point out the 'gaffers (not bosses) and laffers' of the forum!

Is anyone of the same mind with regards to this?!

The way I see it, is that if we have sections as well as stages in membership, we could encourage more people to stay and make a name for themselves...

The idea of winning a free game might be a little far fetched for some to grasp, but being a part of a gaming community might seem more believable.

I don't know if the Notables could be voted because of a mix-up in status and colour! Not that I mind as FM and Grix would probably be in my list, but if it were to be 5 fresh people, as it were, it would be a little more viable for the Notables and Staff, methinks!

It's just an idea... and please don't suggest loads of other groups because A) It will ruin the chances of getting anymore at all and B) SR will run out of colours!

Game
Mon 16/07/01 at 16:59
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> I think the posts that won over the weekend were utter carp.

In that case, there's really something fishy going on.
Mon 16/07/01 at 17:00
Regular
Thanks Goaty, your support has been duely noted and added to the patented "YH Notable Election Possible Vote Recievers" spread sheet.
Mon 16/07/01 at 17:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not 'arf.

Hur-hur-hur

An essex girl was brutally shot in the countryside today.
When questioned, the young man responsible, a Mr Tarquin Faarquahaasen said
"Look here old boy, I asked her if she was game. She replied that she was, so I shot her. What's all the bally fuss?"
Mon 16/07/01 at 17:02
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
In that case, there's really something fishy
> going on.

Ho ho ho. Is it Christmas already? I hear you ask. Well, no it's not. It's me laughing Wookiees hilarious joke.

:-)

Yes, thanks for pointing out my typing error. (I refuse to call them ty*o's as i think it's a stupid word.)
Mon 16/07/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I vote RBS, although FM is the only true candidate for this.

Or how about me? "Stick it through he window!"
Mon 16/07/01 at 18:36
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
RBS, Turbonutter, MJ, ? and ?.

The other two would of been Grix, FM or Ant - but they're Notables.

Pink with tiny yellow dots - the 'jokeables' colours.
Mon 16/07/01 at 18:37
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
ooh, I know, I know...how about jd99?
Mon 16/07/01 at 18:41
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
I'm funny. I think cREAM pies are weird. I'll be a jokeable please. MEH:D
Mon 16/07/01 at 19:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
Crappy and annoying american accent # 4 "Shucks you guys"

:-D
Mon 16/07/01 at 19:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
Turbo: :-DDDDDDD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.