GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What attracts you to a game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 20:07
Regular
"Darn it!!!!!!™"
What attracts you to buy your games?

Is it certain roles you have to play like a hero that saves the earth or a manager of a well known football club?

Is it you liked the prequel to it and hope this one will live up to the high standards?

Is it the price, are you captued by bargains and don't mind what the game is like, so long as you got it cheap?

Have you read reviews about it and have decided it looks good and you want to buy it?

There are many reasons for purchases, what are yours?

If you want you can name the game you are talking about such as, "i preorded GTA San Andreas because it looks like it will have inproved greatly on Vice city and looks like a game that will turn out to be a must buy."
Tue 11/05/04 at 20:54
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Bagz wrote:
>
> Heh, GTA and Final Fantasy games at the top of your list?

course.
I like sports games aswell.
Socom online is one of the best.
Tue 11/05/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Darn it!!!!!!™"
Once you make the first game so good it is very hard to improve it in sequels, the best you can do is improve the graphics and leave it as good as it was.

I can remember the original, where you have little tourney where you start off with a white and go up throught the leagues changing your roof colour. Aaaahhhh, the classic.
Tue 11/05/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Flockhart wrote:
> As was i until i found that i couldnt get broadband, i played the
> demo and frankly i hate it when they try to make it more than it is,
> theyve added all sorts of crap to the destruction bowl, when they
> didnt need to.

I think DD reached it's peak with number 2, when Reflections were still in charge. Studio 33 have taken the series in a completely different direction but I still find it fun, if a little out of the ordinary.

There's a game due out in September, 'Flat Out', which looks like it'll completely destroy the destruction derby series, I for one can't wait for it. If you want a good smash-em-up you'd probably be better waiting for that.
Tue 11/05/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
None of the sequels compare to the first time you play it, trying to survive in the the bowl on one tyre and an engine that will barely get you up on the side wall, knowing that it's just you and one car left, knowing that you cant drive straight into them because you'll blow up.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Darn it!!!!!!™"
Yeah, when you driving around and there a loads of cars with black smoke coming out of them and your searching for that last one creeping around looking and looking

man i love that game
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
That's one complaint I have of Destruction Derby Arenas, it's almost impossible to destroy your car. Even if you drive off the harbour or into a pit, it just respawns you and gives you your health back.

I've never actually been destroyed in Arenas yet apart from the times when I've been trying to do so, like in the Rough Justice bowl. There's these huge walls with rockets at the top of them that give you a boost when you hit them, so you can go straight at them and launch yourself 100ft into the air, when you land it's pretty much game over.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:23
Regular
"size does matter"
usually it's got to be a mix of an interesting genre, review, demo, etc. the sequel-thing doesn't always work. as to the price, i'll only see that it's reasonable, that's all.

of course, there are exceptions. i decided to buy hitman2 instantly after playing the demo and i knew nothing else about it. i decided not to buy the latest bond game after playing the demo. i bought nba street just for the hell of it. motogp3 because it was a different kind of racing. i like pro evo, but i don't like the sequels. i like ssx and i love ssx3. and so on.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Lou Role wrote:
> I just buy them if they look fun/interesting, simple.

Squall wrote:
> i base my decision on guns,wheels or final fantasy's.
Tue 11/05/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Time Up"
Mostly it's sequals to games with a good storyline, like ff games and mgs games.
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Bagz warned?! How?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.