GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What attracts you to a game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 20:07
Regular
"Darn it!!!!!!™"
What attracts you to buy your games?

Is it certain roles you have to play like a hero that saves the earth or a manager of a well known football club?

Is it you liked the prequel to it and hope this one will live up to the high standards?

Is it the price, are you captued by bargains and don't mind what the game is like, so long as you got it cheap?

Have you read reviews about it and have decided it looks good and you want to buy it?

There are many reasons for purchases, what are yours?

If you want you can name the game you are talking about such as, "i preorded GTA San Andreas because it looks like it will have inproved greatly on Vice city and looks like a game that will turn out to be a must buy."
Tue 18/05/04 at 17:48
Regular
"dalek power!!!!"
i usually read the book/review before buying the game 'hint hint'
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:24
Regular
"Darn it!!!!!!™"
Thanks lalakersrule for complaining but then actually answering to the thread.
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:23
Regular
"Darn it!!!!!!™"
AfroJoe wrote:
> For being a mongo.

:| Does this concern you?
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wakka wrote:
> Bagz warned?! How?
>
>
>

Oh please don't start all the stupid *oh my why are you warned* posts again.

Anyway what attracts me to a game? Usually i'll read a preview of it watch a couple of trailers and if it sounds interesting i'll take a deeper look into it. However usually most games i already know about because of the game that came before it so i know what to expect. For example you obviously know what to expect from a game like Gran Turismo 4 because of it's prequels. Top quality realistic driving action.
Wed 12/05/04 at 18:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
For being a mongo.
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Bagz warned?! How?
Tue 11/05/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Time Up"
Mostly it's sequals to games with a good storyline, like ff games and mgs games.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Lou Role wrote:
> I just buy them if they look fun/interesting, simple.

Squall wrote:
> i base my decision on guns,wheels or final fantasy's.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:23
Regular
"size does matter"
usually it's got to be a mix of an interesting genre, review, demo, etc. the sequel-thing doesn't always work. as to the price, i'll only see that it's reasonable, that's all.

of course, there are exceptions. i decided to buy hitman2 instantly after playing the demo and i knew nothing else about it. i decided not to buy the latest bond game after playing the demo. i bought nba street just for the hell of it. motogp3 because it was a different kind of racing. i like pro evo, but i don't like the sequels. i like ssx and i love ssx3. and so on.
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
That's one complaint I have of Destruction Derby Arenas, it's almost impossible to destroy your car. Even if you drive off the harbour or into a pit, it just respawns you and gives you your health back.

I've never actually been destroyed in Arenas yet apart from the times when I've been trying to do so, like in the Rough Justice bowl. There's these huge walls with rockets at the top of them that give you a boost when you hit them, so you can go straight at them and launch yourself 100ft into the air, when you land it's pretty much game over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.