GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Nintendo make any portable games that aren't racing or platformers?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 22:02
Regular
Seems to me like all the gameboy formats featured a wide selection of racing and platform games but not a lot else! I understand that these games work well on the portable pal but wot I really wan2 c r sum good sports games! Can any1 name a decent football game on any of the gameboys??! Platformers and racing games don't hold my attention, wot I want from a game is varied action that u can only get from a sports sim!
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:02
Seems to me like all the gameboy formats featured a wide selection of racing and platform games but not a lot else! I understand that these games work well on the portable pal but wot I really wan2 c r sum good sports games! Can any1 name a decent football game on any of the gameboys??! Platformers and racing games don't hold my attention, wot I want from a game is varied action that u can only get from a sports sim!
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:05
Nope. Next question?
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
Well if you are so annoyed by the fact then maybe you should make your own game!

:D
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:18
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Zelda: Links awakening

Anyway, who cares... there ar so many developers that you will always find what u want

Sonic
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:21
Regular
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 is a great sports game on the Game Boy Advance!

I know it's not made by Nintendo, but it's licensed by Nintendo!

There are plenty of different games on the Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance! There are puzzle, adventure, strategy, RPG, sports, platform, mystery, etc

You've just got to know where to look!
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:43
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
chu chu rocket
what u expecting B&W
Mon 16/07/01 at 12:33
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Tetris?
Mon 16/07/01 at 12:37
See when you look carefully there are loads of other types of games. Just look at all of the other people's examples, i cant think of my own example but j j j just look.
Mon 16/07/01 at 12:45
Regular
pedro_goat wrote:
> Seems to me like all the gameboy formats featured a wide selection
> of racing and platform games but not a lot else! I understand that
> these games work well on the portable pal but wot I really wan2 c r
> sum good sports games! Can any1 name a decent football game on any
> of the gameboys??! Platformers and racing games don't hold my
> attention, wot I want from a game is varied action that u can only
> get from a sports sim!

Sorry, you'll have to wait a while for my answer while i try and decipher what you're actually saying. Off to the WWF forum, wish me luck....

Ok, now understand what you're saying. Here's my answer:

You won't much else on the GB or the GBC as it can't handle anything else. There are probably claculators availbe now that are more powerful the the GB.

But now the GBA is out we'll see different genres available for it. THPS2 and GT Advance show what can be done on the platform, so hopefully that future should look even better.
Mon 16/07/01 at 17:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There's probably a FIFA game out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.