GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube finally come of age??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 14:08
Regular
I've had my Gamecube since launch day, and I can safely say that this is the first time I have actually been looking forward to playing some of the games shown at E3.

Number 1 game on my wanted list is Starfox, I can only say that it looks very, very good :D

Can't discount the fact that Resi 4, Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda look equally phenominal, but I'd really like a fast paced shooting game like Starfox.

I know the video wont be representative of the actual final game, too much spin put on the video to make it look as good as possible, and the running sections look a bit naff, but Satrfox rules, it's as simple as that :D
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Someone link me to Screenshots.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:09
Regular
If you go look at the screenshots on Gamesradar, the shadows uder Fox are missing, if you watchthe video feed on IGN actually from E3, then the shadows are there in the current playable build.

Anyway, find your own screenshots, E3 shots are on every decent games website at the moment :D
Thu 13/05/04 at 23:33
Regular
I saw the IGN footage and the graphics looked decent.
Definately Gamecube standard, if not mind blowing.

The video only had ground shooting, which looked like Starfox Adventures with a gun (when you consider that it was the awful hand to hand battles that let the game down then this isn't as bad as it sounds).
The enemy explosion animations looked crap but early days. :-)

I didn't see any dogfights or multiplayer, but the IGN preview made it sound good. :-)
Fri 14/05/04 at 00:01
Regular
Has anyone else noticed that this thread hasn't attracted nearly as much attention as my other thread.

I guess it's because in here I can't be accused of saying anything that those "die hard fans" can claim to be, wrong, misguided or unfounded.

Damn I hate stoopid ninties, they really should distance themselves from a money grubbing company and enjpy all games, not just digitised cartoons ;)

Just waiting on the usual mob rule brick throwing now :D
Fri 14/05/04 at 00:23
Regular
Haven't actually seen the flying setions but the onfoot sections of Starfox look dire.
Fri 14/05/04 at 11:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Bonus wrote:
> You are being overly critical of a game which is very much still in
> development

Isn't that what you've been doing with the DS?
Fri 14/05/04 at 11:44
Regular
He doesn't count, remember? He's not a Ninty.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:05
Regular
Bejam wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> You are being overly critical of a game which is very much still in
> development
>
> Isn't that what you've been doing with the DS?

No, with the DS I'm trying to get people to discuss how it could be used, but the immature people in this forum just want to throw insults.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:57
Regular
It sounds awfully like you're criticising the idea Bonus.

You call us all fanboys etc... and yet you've come in here... insulted all the new Nintendo announcements and wonder why we got annoyed.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:59
Regular
I am criticising the idea, but in an effort to get people to discuss the merits of it, and how it can be implemented.

I'm not being overly critical, or dismissing the idea out of hand.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.