GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube finally come of age??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 14:08
Regular
I've had my Gamecube since launch day, and I can safely say that this is the first time I have actually been looking forward to playing some of the games shown at E3.

Number 1 game on my wanted list is Starfox, I can only say that it looks very, very good :D

Can't discount the fact that Resi 4, Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda look equally phenominal, but I'd really like a fast paced shooting game like Starfox.

I know the video wont be representative of the actual final game, too much spin put on the video to make it look as good as possible, and the running sections look a bit naff, but Satrfox rules, it's as simple as that :D
Thu 13/05/04 at 14:08
Regular
I've had my Gamecube since launch day, and I can safely say that this is the first time I have actually been looking forward to playing some of the games shown at E3.

Number 1 game on my wanted list is Starfox, I can only say that it looks very, very good :D

Can't discount the fact that Resi 4, Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda look equally phenominal, but I'd really like a fast paced shooting game like Starfox.

I know the video wont be representative of the actual final game, too much spin put on the video to make it look as good as possible, and the running sections look a bit naff, but Satrfox rules, it's as simple as that :D
Thu 13/05/04 at 14:13
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Starfox looks absolutely shocking... I thought it was a DS game at first. If you think that's the video with a POSITIVE spin put on it, they've got problems!
Thu 13/05/04 at 14:35
Regular
To be fair, Starfox looks class.

The graphics are what you can expect from the Gamecube, decent with a good frame rate, but it's the gameplay that looks immense.

Loads of things flying around, loads of things to shoot, good abilities of the vehicles you are controlling, and most importantly, it looks like a game which could be really fun to play.

This could easily be fighting The Red Star as my favourite looking action game of E3 so far.
Thu 13/05/04 at 14:36
Regular
I really hope this is another one of your hil-arious (crap) jokes, because StarFox looks rubbish. Not only that, the IGN preview indicates that gameplay wise it isn't too hot either.
Thu 13/05/04 at 14:43
Regular
I'd like to know why it looks rubbish, from a technical viewpoint, it looks quite good.

I've already said I don't particularly like the look of the running sections, but the flying and tank sections look quite good.

The graphics aren't ground breaking, but they serve their purpose.
Thu 13/05/04 at 14:51
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Huge jaggies, missing shadows... messy layout... it just looks like a pile of cack. For a DS game it would be very good, but it's the worst looking Cube game I've ever seen. Hopefully it will improve before release.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:00
Regular
Missing shadows it can be let off with, simply because most shadows in games are a bit naff anyway, usually just animated textures, not actually cast from a light source in real time. That's simply a design overlook, and may be somthing which could be easily rectified by the time the game is actually released.

You are being overly critical of a game which is very much still in development, I would expect Namco to have those details worked out by the time the game actually gets a release somewhere near Christmas in Japan.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:03
Regular
DO not judge a book by it's cover :P
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Teal'c"
I think Starfox looks poor actually.
Thu 13/05/04 at 15:04
Regular
From what I've seen it's just an average blaster, nothing suggests that it'll it'll amount to anything more than that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.