GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube finally come of age??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 14:08
Regular
I've had my Gamecube since launch day, and I can safely say that this is the first time I have actually been looking forward to playing some of the games shown at E3.

Number 1 game on my wanted list is Starfox, I can only say that it looks very, very good :D

Can't discount the fact that Resi 4, Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda look equally phenominal, but I'd really like a fast paced shooting game like Starfox.

I know the video wont be representative of the actual final game, too much spin put on the video to make it look as good as possible, and the running sections look a bit naff, but Satrfox rules, it's as simple as that :D
Sat 15/05/04 at 17:17
Regular
I think you'll find this is the next Gameboy and so therefore Nintendo are launching many 'normal' software... but the capabilities to do so much more with the games are there.
Sat 15/05/04 at 17:16
Regular
"8==="
The 'new' Serious Sam game is persuading me to get a cube again. I expect an online version to turn up on the Xbox but I don't think I can wait that long.

and of course there's Custom Robo...
Sat 15/05/04 at 17:11
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Face it, Bonus, you purposefully try to start arguments.

Discussions Mav...

... in an ever so slightly contraversially provacative way! ;-D
Sat 15/05/04 at 15:23
Regular
Bonus, you have to understand that not all games can use the dual screen or the touch screen feature. If all the games had to take realntage of both screens, there would not be as many games as the DS needs to succeed in the market.
Sat 15/05/04 at 15:08
Regular
Face it, Bonus, you purposefully try to start arguments.
Sat 15/05/04 at 14:24
Regular
I haven't slated Resi, just questioned why it doesn't look better.

Mario Kart is a brilliant multi-player game, but I was not impressed by how short or easy the single player was, especially from a company so against online gaming for htis generation of hardware.

I don't like Sunshine, I will criticise it, but that's just an opinion on the game from my viewpoint, no one hs to agree with that.

I've only criticised the DS to try to provoke discussion, instead I got abuse. I'll be disappointed with it if the second screen is used as nothing more than a map.

The only innovative game idea I've seen on it is the Pacman drawing one. But that's the only actual game other than Matroid, Mario and Kart on show. Everything else was really just tech deoms.
Sat 15/05/04 at 14:12
Regular
But everything mentioned, from Resident Evil 4, to Gamecube's past games, to Mario Kart, Sunshine, DS... you've criticised and slated them all and wondered why we've gone and got a little cross.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:59
Regular
I am criticising the idea, but in an effort to get people to discuss the merits of it, and how it can be implemented.

I'm not being overly critical, or dismissing the idea out of hand.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:57
Regular
It sounds awfully like you're criticising the idea Bonus.

You call us all fanboys etc... and yet you've come in here... insulted all the new Nintendo announcements and wonder why we got annoyed.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:05
Regular
Bejam wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> You are being overly critical of a game which is very much still in
> development
>
> Isn't that what you've been doing with the DS?

No, with the DS I'm trying to get people to discuss how it could be used, but the immature people in this forum just want to throw insults.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.