GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid Nintendo!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 17:10
Regular
"Oh, look at us...!" They say "We're gonna release a wikid console and a massive library of cool games!"

Nintendo, you Idiots! Do you realise how much this will cost?! Okay, so 'we' might be able to stack up 3-5 games through GAD but c'mon, at about £40 a time we're gonna be sooooo broke... I've already started saving... Kind of...

The good news is that the Pads are only £20 ($20)
and the wavebirds shouldn't be anymore than 150-200% of that price.

The bad news is the amount of games we have to buy... I know they're coming in over about 2 years but already there are no less than 20 games that i'll see into my collection...

PIKMIN, Starfox, Melee, Star Wars, Wave Race, DKR, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Kameo, PD2, PSO V2, Mario Sunshine, 1080 2, Galleon!, Ledgends of Wrestling, SSX: Tricky, Mario Kart, Conker's Other Bad Day, Harvest Moon, Picasso, Road to El Dorado, WWF Wrestlemania, Ferarri 360, Sonic. And more...

I mean, can't they be Nintendo and have say 10 release titles to get the consoles off the shelves and then slow the production down a tad?!

Bloody Nintendo, I bet we see more of that innovation stuff as well... I mean who wants that?! You learn how to play one game and then you have to learn the controls to another one!! Can't we have samey games?!

Of course not.... I bet we have another 100 Pokémon as well... I've only just learned how to pronounce Blastoise, Charizard and Pikachu properly, i'm sure we don't need Mythsnake, Croak-Frog and Pikatwo yet! Dear Lord!

The next couple of years look terribly promising for Nintendo and I hate it! Why the console can't be a flop and the company make their money from The GBA and Pokémon I don't know...

One thing I do know is that they're set to make history with the best console ever! And NO-ONE can argue that!

Damn Nintendo!

Game
Sun 15/07/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It was joke, you know.
Sun 15/07/01 at 18:41
Regular
I've just read the first message in this topic and now I'm thinking.... 'o....k.........'

So, People complain that there isn't enough N64 games, well actually no ones complaining except the Sony fans who used to say that the Playstation was better because it had more games (even though it was released a few years before the N64).

So now we've got someone complaining that Nintendo are releasing too many games?

How pathetic can you get?

Nintendo doesn't expect anyone to get every game! (although one member of Codejunkies has over 200 N64 games...) They expect you to be able to choose from a wide range!

The games I doubt will be £40, especially because they are on disc instead of the Cartridges that were used before. Discs only cost a few pence to produce and not much more to copy data onto. So Nintendo would be very stupid if they tried selling games for more than £35 (average price of new PC games).

Therefore we should be able to afford a few more games than we could on the N64. So the choice of games could work in our favour!

Why would you want the GameCube to be a flop? I think it would be great if all consoles were a success. Well, maybe not the X-box, but that's because I don't like the way Bill Gates has accumilated all that money and never has, or rarely does give any money to charities!

The GameCube will not be a flop. It's got top companies backing it up like Capcom, Sega, and there is even a DVD version for those who either want a DVD player as well, or for those softcore gamers who would prefer a multiuse machine instead of a games machine. The GBA is really a 32-bit accessory to the GameCube and it even says that on it's box! The fact that it plays 32-bit powerful games on cartridges half the physical size of a normal Game Boy cart is a big advantage of this accessory! And with companies like Datel making carts that let us access email and maybe soon, internet on our Game Boys, there are no limits to Nintendo's power!

So play what you like, support who you like, but remember, the GameCube is one to watch out for!
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
I will continue this debate later... for now I need the toilet!

:D
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The Game wrote:
> Can we have a law that says Er-No, Bonus and Turbonutter have to use
> 56k connections....!!!!!

I actually do have to use a 56K because BT refuse to put ADSL down in my village.
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:45
Regular
"everyone says it"
Firstly turbonutter, you don't know what the GameCube can do!

Secondly turbonutter, only a few know what the GameCube can do....

Do You See?

Overall the N64 had the best stats but it lost, it doesn't matter about anything apart from the support and games, which at the moment the GC has...!!
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:44
Turbonutter, its been said before, gamers should not compare loading times and pixels, but games, and how the console feels and plays!

Are we going to care that luigi's mansion has a longer loading time than Pong?

Do we care that the PS2 can generate more pixels? It's not going to show is it?

PC's may be compared by bus/clock speeds etc., but consoles are not!

In one word - shush!
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
wahahahaha... FOOLS!

At my local independant, all unboxed 64 games (of which they have almost every game) are £7... and don't say something dumb like "you don't get the glossy booklet"... £7 for ANY N64 game is brilliant...

And being a DC owner, most of the slightly older titles are dead cheap!

Sonic
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:41
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Can we have a law that says Er-No, Bonus and Turbonutter have to use 56k connections....!!!!!

Wahhhhhhhhhh!
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:38
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Oops..... Bloody Sod's Law damn thing!
Sun 15/07/01 at 17:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
The Game wrote:
> er-no wrote:

I am going to import a few... aren't you one of the
> people that is coming over to play
> it?

:D

Wouldn't miss it for the world!!! ;)

Well as I said two months ago.. I will let you know closer to the time!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.