GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate memory cards !"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 15:38
Regular
We are all gonna have to suffer the rath of memory cards the most annoying thing about disc format consoles! The N64 ones are alright but I am sure I am not the onlyone to have suffered unexplained save file losses (especially on ISS!). The DC ones are particulary crap even though they look cool and beep the batteries last about 5 seconds and the amount of memory available on them is appalling (only one save file of Shenmue can be stored on each card!).
thats why in the main I love Nintendo as the battery save pak is reliable and you know your file is stored safely in the game pak. However I noticed that the GC only has 2 slots for memory cards so I wonder how exactly the new Perfect Dark will work when four people all want to load up their stats? IT's a mystery and will probably end up being a hassle of annoying copying and deleting which will only lead to accidents and hours of gaming proudness being lost in the process!

Comments please?
Sun 15/07/01 at 15:38
We are all gonna have to suffer the rath of memory cards the most annoying thing about disc format consoles! The N64 ones are alright but I am sure I am not the onlyone to have suffered unexplained save file losses (especially on ISS!). The DC ones are particulary crap even though they look cool and beep the batteries last about 5 seconds and the amount of memory available on them is appalling (only one save file of Shenmue can be stored on each card!).
thats why in the main I love Nintendo as the battery save pak is reliable and you know your file is stored safely in the game pak. However I noticed that the GC only has 2 slots for memory cards so I wonder how exactly the new Perfect Dark will work when four people all want to load up their stats? IT's a mystery and will probably end up being a hassle of annoying copying and deleting which will only lead to accidents and hours of gaming proudness being lost in the process!

Comments please?
Sun 15/07/01 at 16:53
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I agree with Jez! Well i dont know about the dreamcast ones but the N64 ones are great for storing data!
Although the Playstation ones are crap!!!!!
when i first a station my data would delete for no apparent reason and for games like smackdown 2 use three blocks to dave on and one would just dissapear then whe i try to load old data it would say my memory card is damaged or something!

Damn annoying really!
Sun 15/07/01 at 20:27
Regular
"^_^"
It is exteremly difficult to keep up with technology as well as to ake a games machine as playable as you can. For the Gamecube I think Nintendo are trying to keep up with technology, the Dvd small disc etc. However, why haven't they thought of using re-writable Cd's to save data on. That could be possible. I do hate Memory cards too because if you don't leave them in your console they will get lost. The Damn things.
Wed 18/07/01 at 10:21
its 59 save slots, Nintendo have just name it Memory Card 59 because it saves 59 games. But it does'nt mean games like PD will have 59 saved games it might take one than one.
Wed 18/07/01 at 10:24
Regular
i got a free N64 memory card from SR over two years ago and it is still working fine.
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:22
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I have to disagree with you Juz as I got like 3 quaters of the way though shadow man and my save file deleted for no reason(anyone who has played this will understand).
Same thing happend to demolition derby and turok rage wars(which i got free from SR bargain basement) both of these I had completed I was so outraged i nearly cried imangine an 19 year old guy crying over computer games I was that
annoyed.
I also have to point out that the dc memory cards had 200 pages, shenmue took only 80(which is still alot for a dc game), which meant it could save shenmue two times and have 40 pages left over.
The best part of it was being able to download games and animation of the web, but true about the batteries they sucked.
Thu 19/07/01 at 13:12
Regular
"not dead"
Memory cards are also an added expense.

I loved the fact that my data was stored happily on the cart, included in the price of the game (no one ever mentions this when saying how expensive Nintendo games are).

I'm sure that the Nintendo cards will be good enough, but the fact is we'll need them for every game. Hopefully they'll be affordable.
Thu 19/07/01 at 13:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have an unofficila N64 one - -I lose a save file every day!
Thu 19/07/01 at 16:14
first off my names 'Juz' not 'Jez' spoon! And yes your right about Shenmue it's just that every time I buy a new DC game I feel that I should have bought a new VMU. However MSR will not allow two MSR files on one VMU (or at least I cannot) which is really annoying. The Sega Saturn though was good as you spent £40 (yes I know its a lot) and it could save stacks as was a full size cart which plugged in the back. You lot still haven't answered the Perfect Dark question which is how can four friends all get together and load up their constantly up dating stats if there are only four slots!
Fri 20/07/01 at 14:36
maybe you just take one out and put in another during the game like in Turok Rage Wars.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.