GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Digital switchover..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/01/07 at 14:01
Regular
"8==="
When it happens are they going to boost the signal so rain and wind interfere less? Because, as much as a clearer picture is a good thing, terrestrial is currently the better signal at surviving through wind and rain and doesn't break up and freeze but simply get's a little bit snowy.

Hopefully the switchover won't turnout to be a step backwards otherwise we'll all be going over to cable and broadband-based TV. :S
Tue 16/01/07 at 22:18
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> How much do they cost and how well do
> they run off a portable tv ariel. I really dont want to have to
> mess about with hooking up a proper outdoor ariel.

I ran mine off an old internal aerial for ages, recently swapped for a smaller digital ready one which works much better for about £40 the boxes can be less.
Tue 09/01/07 at 00:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Does that mean you might be able to get digital at last? =)

The 2 arent related. No interest in terrestrial digital anyway. Its just somewhat amusing that they've got shut off dates for transmitting analogue yet they've not even started broadcasting the alternate signal.
Mon 08/01/07 at 23:59
Regular
Garin wrote:
> All the analogue space will go towards more digital TV channels
> of course. :)

Does that mean you might be able to get digital at last? =)
Mon 08/01/07 at 23:43
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
All the analogue space will go towards more digital TV channels of course. :)
Mon 08/01/07 at 23:20
Regular
What countries have already made the switch? Obviously the government will make some money out of this. What will they use it for after they switch it off? Mobile communication?
Mon 08/01/07 at 23:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
This doesnt include radio, that has its own schedule. If I remember correctly though there hasnt been any final decision on what will happen to it.
Mon 08/01/07 at 21:04
Regular
Does this include radios too?
Mon 08/01/07 at 16:09
Regular
"8==="
According to here [URL]http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/tv/[/URL] it's being phased-in between 2008 and 2012. No doubt the other info you want's there too somewhere.
Mon 08/01/07 at 16:03
Regular
"lets go back"
We've had cable for ages so Id never given much thought to the switch over. Im going to have to buy a digital box for the spare tvs in the bedroms now. How much do they cost and how well do they run off a portable tv ariel. I really dont want to have to mess about with hooking up a proper outdoor ariel.
Mon 08/01/07 at 15:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
When is the switchover anyway?
They're not allowed to do it until the digital signal covers 98% of the population anyway i believe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.