GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new PoKemon game : s"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/05/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Ow Yer"
I just want to know if i need one of the new GBA games to play pokemon colosseum????
And also u can tell a bit more about the adventure mode.Is it just a tiny bit of runing round or is it like on the gameboy games?
Sat 15/05/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Ow Yer"
I just want to know if i need one of the new GBA games to play pokemon colosseum????
And also u can tell a bit more about the adventure mode.Is it just a tiny bit of runing round or is it like on the gameboy games?
Sat 15/05/04 at 18:10
Regular
"??????"
Mathews wrote:
> I just want to know if i need one of the new GBA games to play pokemon
> colosseum????

No. But you can upload Pokemon to it.

> And also u can tell a bit more about the adventure mode.Is it just a
> tiny bit of runing round or is it like on the gameboy games?

Apparently, you can catch around 50 Pokemon, and it takes around 10 hours to finish. There should be a full Pokemon RPG on GameCube.
Sat 15/05/04 at 18:56
Regular
I've started the single player story mode - Graphically like Skies of Arcadia...maybe a bit rounder.

You can't walk between places so all your fights are done in various areas in towns.

You 'snag' pokémon from other trainers...evil trainers...in order to rescue them.

It should only be the basis of a full adventure. Nicely done but not enough...again, I think it is done like this to see how people take to the 3D adventures - and because handheld Pokémon games sell so much.
Sun 16/05/04 at 14:08
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Thanks for help guys looks like im goin to buy this game :)

and hopefully they will make 3D version of the games on the gameboy!
Sun 16/05/04 at 17:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Everyone needs to buy it to show how much a Cube-based Pokémon adventure game sells.
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
tphi wrote:
> Everyone needs to buy it to show how much a Cube-based Pokémon
> adventure game sells.

Then when they look at the sales figures they shall think

"crikey, that little pokemon adventure game we strung together and throughout on the gamecube has sold a bucket load, lets make a bigger better one and see how much MORE money we can make"
Sun 23/05/04 at 23:40
Regular
Or more likely they'll think:

"This lot'll buy ANYTHING!"

"I know, let's release the same game except mix the buildings around a bit and add 20 new Pokémon! It'll be the best game EVA!!!"
Tue 25/05/04 at 16:44
Regular
Leaf Green and Fire Red are very appealing...

But why not re-release the original 151 Pokemon adventure for the Gamecube?

Surly that doesn't infringe on the latest adventures?
Tue 25/05/04 at 23:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Nintendo have always been keen to keep the main titles portable, as they want to emphasise the swapping thing easily on the move. Hence, the new wireless connectors.
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:53
Regular
That is true but the new adventures for the GBA etc... are far more vast and complex than the originals. Surly a 3D incarnation of the originals will be a great RPG but does not overshadow the multiple sidequests (e.g. the Unknown) and complex multi-pokemon batteling of the later GBA adventures.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.