GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new PoKemon game : s"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/05/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Ow Yer"
I just want to know if i need one of the new GBA games to play pokemon colosseum????
And also u can tell a bit more about the adventure mode.Is it just a tiny bit of runing round or is it like on the gameboy games?
Wed 02/06/04 at 14:05
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I heard you can only actually catch 199 and you need the Leaf Green,
> Fire Red, Colloseium and Channel to get the rest.

Channel? You don't need Channel do you?

Unless you're talking about the Celebi giveaway that's included..
Wed 02/06/04 at 00:19
Regular
I heard you can only actually catch 199 and you need the Leaf Green, Fire Red, Colloseium and Channel to get the rest.
Tue 01/06/04 at 23:16
Regular
The no. of Pokémon available to catch in Ruby & Sapphire is quite low. Larger than Red/Blue/Yellow but I think only slightly larger than Gold/Silver.

276 if my memory serves me right.
Tue 01/06/04 at 23:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> That's a fair point, an ideal DS title.
>
> Are you trying to tell me that Gold and Silver, with two maps and 100
> extra Pokemon was a the same size?

I was talking about Ruby/Sapphire.

You have a land-area about the same size in that one to Red/Blue.
Tue 01/06/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I bought Colosseum on the week of it's release. However I'm bored of it already so I'm going to trade it for something else tomorrow.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:08
Regular
That's a fair point, an ideal DS title.

Are you trying to tell me that Gold and Silver, with two maps and 100 extra Pokemon was a the same size?
Tue 01/06/04 at 17:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The new adventures aren't that bigger in size than the originals. In fact, I'd say they were about the same size. Of course they're a little more complex, the technology has moved along and new things (Beauty Contests, Berry Mixing) have been added to keep things fresh. Kinda.

I'd love for a full 3D Pokémon adventure rpg. I think half the world would. But I just don't see it happening anytime soon, unless.. *lightbulb pops up above head*

On the DS!

3D.. and Portable!
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:53
Regular
That is true but the new adventures for the GBA etc... are far more vast and complex than the originals. Surly a 3D incarnation of the originals will be a great RPG but does not overshadow the multiple sidequests (e.g. the Unknown) and complex multi-pokemon batteling of the later GBA adventures.
Tue 25/05/04 at 23:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Nintendo have always been keen to keep the main titles portable, as they want to emphasise the swapping thing easily on the move. Hence, the new wireless connectors.
Tue 25/05/04 at 16:44
Regular
Leaf Green and Fire Red are very appealing...

But why not re-release the original 151 Pokemon adventure for the Gamecube?

Surly that doesn't infringe on the latest adventures?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.