GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda: The Windwaker: Quest 2 (the red quest)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Wed 19/05/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
With the new footage of zelda being released, I decided to start the second quest on the windwaker ( the one that automatically takes up a new box when you complete the game first time round) and see what the differences are.

The most obvious difference is that Link is never given the heros outfit and remains in his pyjamas throughout the course of the game (or as far as i have got). People now comment on his clothes alot more and prince komalis assistant immediately greets you as the boy with the crawfish T-shirt.

You now start the game with a wallet capable of holding 200 rupees rather than 99 aswell as already holding the pictograph however I have not yet found a reason why you start off with the pictograph and your original pictures from the previously completed game.You can also now understand the great deku tree, king of red lions and lord jabu when they speak in the "old tounge".

Has anyone else discovered any differences when playing the second quest? im sure there are loads more out there...
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> At the end of OOT we see Link place the sword back in the pedestal
> and the temple is resealed to protect it. Therefore in the windwaker
> surely this large castle must be the temple of time.

Either that or the Gods got Changing Rooms in to mix it around a bit for the new game.
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:45
"period drama"
I think it's just best to take all the physical locations as being completely different for every Zelda.
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Galacticdramon wrote:
> Link DOES recieve the clothes when you start the game - they're just
> invisible.
>
> Th Characters who speak Hylian are:
>
> Valoo
> Great Deku Tree
> Jabun

Im sure I already put that in the original post.

I'm over half way through this second quest now. I forgot how amazing it was when the tower of the gods rose up out of the ocean! bloody magic!

However I would like to start a new debate that concerns the actual name of the building that the master sword is hidden in. I dont think the king of red lions ever directly calls it 'hyrule castle' or 'the tmeple of time' but I think most people believe it is Hyrule castle. If this is the case then what is the master sword doing in its basement when its true resting place has always been in its special pedestal in the temple of time.

At the end of OOT we see Link place the sword back in the pedestal and the temple is resealed to protect it. Therefore in the windwaker surely this large castle must be the temple of time.

If anyone has eveidence to prove otherwise please say so...
Sun 23/05/04 at 13:15
Regular
"??????"
Link DOES recieve the clothes when you start the game - they're just invisible.

Th Characters who speak Hylian are:

Valoo
Great Deku Tree
Jabun
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:14
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
tphi wrote:
> I got a couple of statues..
>
> Knuckles is the 4th Tingle brother. Sail into Outset Island with your
> Tingle Tuner on and he "appears" and makes you follow his
> commands until he finally agrees to return to Tingle Island with his
> brothers.

I havent actually used the tingle tuner at all, but now ive completed final fantasy I might give it ago. What does it actually do?
Fri 21/05/04 at 12:08
Regular
I noticed that Link was in his normal clothes (the hero's suit being invisible! :-D) and that what used to be written in "ancient language" was now written in English.

So you can see what the great Zaloo and Red boaty man are saying to each other. :-)
Fri 21/05/04 at 11:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I got a couple of statues..

Knuckles is the 4th Tingle brother. Sail into Outset Island with your Tingle Tuner on and he "appears" and makes you follow his commands until he finally agrees to return to Tingle Island with his brothers.
Thu 20/05/04 at 22:45
"period drama"
I got everything you could in one game.
About 6 statues short, I think.

And there's some (Knuckle) you can't get without the GBA connection. As far as I've heard, all the Gallery stuff carries on over to the 2nd quest.

It bloody better do anyway, as I erased my final save with the new one.
Thu 20/05/04 at 17:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> what are the rewards?

I dont think there is one. A sense of utter geekness?

Do you get all the ones you did in your original save carried over to the Red save? Or do you have to start over?
Thu 20/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
gerrid wrote:
> No no no.
> You have to have the DX pictobox to take pictures of all the enemies
> in the first two or so dungeons, especially the bosses. If you
> haven't taken pictures of the bosses, you won't ever complete the
> Nintendo Gallery. Not that most people would anyway.

well ive already done the rist two dungeons so i guess it means starting the game again if i wanted to compltete the nintendo gallery. has anyone actually completed the gallery? what are the rewards?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.