GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation hits 100 million units!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Sony's first console, that fantastic little grey machine, has now shipped 100 million units worldwide.
Arguably the biggest success story in the industry since Nintendo first released the NES, Sony's PlayStation revolutionised the gaming world. And now, thanks to 3.31 million sales in the year up to March 2004, they've now shipped a hundred million of the little beauties.

Since the release of the PSone, sales have been revived, despite the awesome success of the PS2. Speaking of which, there are now 70 million units of Darth Vader's Toaster knocking around, although the availability of coloured versions should probably knock that nickname on the head anytime now.

So while 100 million is very impressive, the PS2's numbers mean that it's inevitable that it will overtake its big brother sometime soon. Nintendo and Microsoft must be looking at those numbers with awe.

- Taken from http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/n_3086-news.html

I'd just like to say well done to Sony for creating such a wonderfully brilliant console that will surely be remembered for a long long time. Well done Sony! But I do think that if PS2 keep releasing top-quality games such as Pro Evo and GTA then it will surely overtake it's little brother in sales.
Sat 22/05/04 at 22:36
Regular
No. using cheats spoils the games.
Sat 22/05/04 at 22:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
HiTMaN187 wrote:
> can some1 help me with a cheat code i dont no what it means im
> talking about hitman contracts it says bing down the console and
> type(whatever it say)

I'll help you with your cheat once you help me understand that post. "Bing down the console" what?
Sat 22/05/04 at 23:18
Regular
"forceful tendencies"
"bring down the console window" you do that by pressing tab or ~. Are you thinking about the PS2 version? you got PC cheats there, mate

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.