GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"farcry (ing coz im sick)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Sat 22/05/04 at 21:27
Regular
"baby you aint kiddi"
I am playing Farcry on the net on multiplayer mode and it seems like i die a lot easier than everyone else (ie - with one shot, whereas when killing someone else it takes 3 or 4 shots for them to die!) Why is this? If anyone can give me some advise or knows of any cheats it would be much appreciated.
Sun 23/05/04 at 16:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
KILLBILL wrote:
> and they say sh*t like "nate noob" wot the fup is that
> suposed to mean i no noob is new but anyway,

n00b, perhaps the mos**t cretinous word every created, if you see someone spout that, jus**t ignore them. Anyone who has to resort to that type of l33t speak is probably an idiot anyway so his insult is pretty much defunct.

You have to watch out for some people, there area allot of, how should word this, complete farking morons online who like nothing better to do than moan, cons**tantly. Bes**t thing to do is to s**tay out of the way, be less conspicuous and let other people take the fall. It's a s**trategy I used when I was an online newbie, jus**t s**tuck behind everyone who looked like they knew what they where doing, kept my mouth shut and got on with playing the game.

Once you've built up you skills, you won't have to put up with people like that, they are easier to ignore though if you try games like Tribes 2 (which you can download for free) you'll rarely see anyone mouth off because the game is so fas**t people rarely have time to react to other players, let alone type out insults.
Sun 23/05/04 at 16:12
Regular
"baby you aint kiddi"
ok maybe i took it to far with lashing out, but i wanted a proper answer and not to be taken like a fool, it jus**t seems that everyone on the net give you a hard time coz ur not as good as they want u to be, and they say sh*t like "nate noob" wot the fup is that suposed to mean i no noob is new but anyway, everyone was new once and not as good once why dont they help ins**tead of criticising, when they no fine well they to were like that to, thanx for all ur words of wisdom n s**tuff, and ill try and c the funny side of things from now on, cheeaz
Sun 23/05/04 at 15:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
KILLBILL wrote:
> i only asked if anyone knew of any cheats as i thought other people
> were cheating then that would of made it fair if i were to cheat
> back, but since ive got a proper answer off roj(thanx) ins**tead of the
> load of sh*t off everyone else obout pressing this that and the other
> witch i know wot it really does, i know wot to do and ill keep
> practicing.

We where merely jes**ting with you old boy, your wording was slightly amusing and the sheer fact that you mentioned "cheating" and "online" together didn't help you avoid being joked at either. Cheating online cannot only get you banned from servers, but in the case of Unreal Tournament 2004, banned from the game altogether. It's not a simple case of entering "god" in the console either, people who cheat usually use programs ins**talled onto their sys**tems which give them advantages such as seeing through walls, avoiding weapon recoil and so forth. It's not a clever thing to do, even if it's retaliation.

And besides, chances are the people you where playing agains**t have been playing for some time, you can accuse them of cheating but chances are they jus**t no how play better than you, they know the weapon, maps and all the advantages and disadvantages of that particular game. It takes practice to become good; assuming everyone else is a cheater won't help you.
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
EJB wrote:
> My system and drivers are all up to date and other games do run!
> Any help please.

Could do with knowing your vid card and CPU
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:14
Regular
"baby you aint kiddi"
i only asked if anyone knew of any cheats as i thought other people were cheating then that would of made it fair if i were to cheat back, but since ive got a proper answer off roj(thanx) ins**tead of the load of sh*t off everyone else obout pressing this that and the other witch i know wot it really does, i know wot to do and ill keep practicing.
Sun 23/05/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Not a Jew"
EJB wrote:
> I have purchased Farcry but it won't run.
> When installing it never asked for the code.
> It runs to the end of the first video then cuts to my normal
> desktop.
> My system and drivers are all up to date and other games do run!
> Any help please.

Sounds like a problem with the CD. Uninstall it, restart, install it again, see if it makes a differce. If it does not, contact the developer (should be a website/email adress in the manual) and ask them. Should they not reply within a day or so, of if their reply is not helpful, return the game to the store.
Sun 23/05/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Alright KILLBILL, basically there is nothing wrong, you are just crap. When I started playing Halo mulitplayer I thought everyone was cheating since it took a lot more shots to kill them, i.e a few clips, when they could dispatch me with one clip, if even that much. Just keep playing, practise other people's techniques and you will build up your skill.
Sun 23/05/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Amateur Gamer"
I have purchased Farcry but it won't run.
When installing it never asked for the code.
It runs to the end of the first video then cuts to my normal desktop.
My system and drivers are all up to date and other games do run!
Any help please.
Sun 23/05/04 at 11:15
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I'm getting Far Cry on Monday; can't wait.
Sun 23/05/04 at 10:41
Regular
And you say you didn't ask for cheats...LOL.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.