GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony is stupid"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/05/04 at 02:48
Regular
What the hell are sony doing ? Why are they spending millions on a game like Kill Zone ? Why don't they just spend all these money on publishing PAL versions of those games that come out in the US and Japan and never come out here ? It would be more profitable and it would also increase the ps2 sales in Europe. PS2 is more important in the US and Japan because it has more exclusives than here. Does anyone agree or do you really want to play Kill Zone ?
Mon 24/05/04 at 02:48
Regular
What the hell are sony doing ? Why are they spending millions on a game like Kill Zone ? Why don't they just spend all these money on publishing PAL versions of those games that come out in the US and Japan and never come out here ? It would be more profitable and it would also increase the ps2 sales in Europe. PS2 is more important in the US and Japan because it has more exclusives than here. Does anyone agree or do you really want to play Kill Zone ?
Mon 24/05/04 at 02:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think they're a billion pound company because they know what they are doing, the games i presume you are on about would only be bought by a minority, killzone will likely be massive with all the hype surrounding it, although frankly i dont care about it and wont be rushing out to buy.
Mon 24/05/04 at 03:04
Regular
I agree it's a huge game but even if and I mean IF it was better than Halo it's still one game and it will only attract the audience of First Person Shooters who are more likely to be trying to get an X-box or sharpen their pc's to play Half Life 2 or Doom 3, while playstation attracts RPG fans. There are A LOT of RPG games that never come out here, like Xenosaga, Unlimited Saga, Star Ocean and on top of all that: Dragon Quest, and the list goes on, these are the hype of the ps2, it's spirit.
Mon 24/05/04 at 03:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Silent Death wrote:
> I agree it's a huge game but even if and I mean IF it was better than
> Halo it's still one game and it will only attract the audience of
> First Person Shooters who are more likely to be trying to get an
> X-box or sharpen their pc's to play Half Life 2 or Doom 3, while
> playstation attracts RPG fans. There are A LOT of RPG games that
> never come out here, like Xenosaga, Unlimited Saga, Star Ocean and on
> top of all that: Dragon Quest, and the list goes on, these are the
> hype of the ps2, it's spirit.

As for those games, they will never sell as many copies, everything falls behind final fantasy in that catergory.
This is no longer an industry where the eduacated are the priority, the mass public are now the target market, and if the public want a halo beater than that is what sony will try to be provid.
Mon 24/05/04 at 03:24
Regular
Whatever.
Mon 24/05/04 at 03:29
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Silent Death wrote:
> Whatever.

I think you'll find its

Wooooottttttteeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh !
Mon 24/05/04 at 09:56
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Someone that can sell 100 million units of PS2's and make millions if not billions of profit are certainly not "stupid".
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'll agree that the Japanese and US releases are FAR better then what the Europeans get lumbered with but i don't agree with the whole Sony is stupid thing. You don't become a billion dollar company by being stupid

Oh and Unlimited Saga did get a european release and Star Ocean and Dragon Quest haven't even come out in America yet
Mon 24/05/04 at 15:59
Regular
Do you know how can I get a copy of unlimited Saga ?
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If Kill Zone is better than Halo, then it'll be better than an over rated 2 yr old game.... way! I'm sure it'll be better, so boo to any anti-me sayers.

Same with N64 to an extent. Why no release? Evil people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.