GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony is stupid"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/05/04 at 02:48
Regular
What the hell are sony doing ? Why are they spending millions on a game like Kill Zone ? Why don't they just spend all these money on publishing PAL versions of those games that come out in the US and Japan and never come out here ? It would be more profitable and it would also increase the ps2 sales in Europe. PS2 is more important in the US and Japan because it has more exclusives than here. Does anyone agree or do you really want to play Kill Zone ?
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:33
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Bagz wrote:
> The title should be plural
>
> Sony are a group of people so therefore it is plural
>
> Sony ARE stupid

bit slow there mandy :)

*saves him looking down the list lou.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Manda†are wrote:
> *laughs at the title*
>
> Accusing someone of stupidity and not even using the correct grammar
> is funny :D

Look further down this topic.

;)
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Clazon wrote:
> don't be sad lou. when VC, killzone, GT4, PES4, etc comes out we'll
> all be happy again.

I'm not sad, I actually don't really like the PS2. The only game I'm even remotely interested in is San Andreas.
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
*laughs at the title*

Accusing someone of stupidity and not even using the correct grammar is funny :D
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lou Role wrote:
> I think the PS2 has pretty much had it's day. At least in Sony's eyes anyway.

hence the PSP, etc.

don't be sad lou. when san andreas, killzone, GT4, PES4, etc comes out we'll all be happy again.
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Clazon wrote:
> not rolling in the billions or millions of profit these days.

I think that's mainly due to the fact that everyone who wanted a PS2, now has one. Sony certainly aren't making as much profit off the PS2 as they used to, which is why I think the PS2 has pretty much had it's day. At least in Sony's eyes anyway.
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:37
Regular
"The Red Shift"
RoJ wrote:
> Someone that can sell 100 million units of PS2's and make millions if
> not billions of profit are certainly not "stupid".

not rolling in the billions or millions of profit these days.

anyway, as for the original post. i say that i agree and i want to play killzone. both are good things.
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Silent Death wrote:
> playstation attracts RPG fans.

While I do agree that the PS2 is the best console for RPG's, I wouldn't say that RPG fans are Sony's priority. Sony are onto a big thing as they attract all the casual gamers, and casuals don't know a good game when they see one, or a bad one for that matter.

I think that's why the PS2 has such a large games library, it's full of crappy titles that these casual gamers go for, so despite the PS2 having the largest collection of games, it certainly doesn't have the best ones.
Wed 26/05/04 at 19:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Unlimited Saga is average.

I'd say below average, way below average.
Tue 25/05/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
it's decent, i prefered Saga Frontier on the PSX over this though.

Alot harder than most RPG's on the PS2 so be careful of that, but really there's no other way to describe it other than average

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.