GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A worrier for Doom 3 multiplayer?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Mon 24/05/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I read an article the other day about someone who worked at the E3 convention, ushering people around the stalls. Apparently, after it had closed, and the more private functions were going on, the Xboxes that had been running the Doom 3 demos were turned off and Halo 1 put in instead. So, taking a console with a copy of Doom 3 and playing Halo 1 on it instead - does that say anything about what to expect from Doom 3 to you? I love the Doom series, so I hope they don't balls it up.
Tue 25/05/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> I don't like Ati. I've always been nvidia/geforce and i'll die by
> them.

Same here. Dunno why, but I don't like Ati cards. Was it the leaked e3 beta you've played? I've played it, and my machine threw a wobbler (no detail opt) so I need (and want) to upgrade before playing this or HL2 (which ran niiiiceeee on a 1.8Ghz with Geforce 5600)

[edit] Too much sugar and coffee today.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:31
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I don't like Ati. I've always been nvidia/geforce and i'll die by them.
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wouldn't say clueless - the magazine can't afford not to praise items in the catalogue!
Tue 25/05/04 at 07:21
Regular
This is the same mag that called Brute Force a Halo challenger.

This is one of many reasons why I dislike them, the staff really are clueless and as such they take other people's word for it.

It is a well documented fact that ATI cards are afr superior to all Nvidia cards which haven't yet mastered DX9 games and as such are inferior competition as most of the top modern games require DX9.
Tue 25/05/04 at 00:31
"High polygon count"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Why but a GeForce? They are way behind ATI

According to the review of the XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra in the latest SR mag, it has double the performance of any ATI card.

I quote:

"...pretty much double of everything over the current top of the line ATI card, the Radeon 9800XT."

Don't know what truth there is in that, I don't own one and haven't seen any facts & figures other than what's in the review... just thought I'd mention it.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:51
Regular
As for SR, nowhere near the quality of Ebuyer, Scan, CCl amongst others.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:50
Regular
Why but a GeForce? They are way behind ATI and the DirectX 9 enabled cards struggle to run DirectX 9 games which is very amusing from a company who put such huge levels of advertisement into Call of Duty which is in fact a 9.1 enabled game.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:26
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Having played the demo, it was awesome. As said below, not recognisable as a doom game and the merc you play doesn't really look very cool. He looks like a 45 year old. I was hoping for a slick cool guy.

Anywho, the co-op 2 player mode has been scrapped for the x-box version which is a bas*ard. I'm getting it for the PC though. I'm also having to buy a Geforce XFX5950 as I really want one. Special reserve is mad. I work in a computer shop and can get things at trade prices and SR still beats them.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:03
Regular
it looks good, but unrecognisable as a doom game.

they better have those cyber demons and arachnothingies in it.

also, that guy who burns people and resurrects demons.
Mon 24/05/04 at 15:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Key problem with trailer;

No face that gets increasingly bloody as you die.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.