GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A worrier for Doom 3 multiplayer?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Mon 24/05/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I read an article the other day about someone who worked at the E3 convention, ushering people around the stalls. Apparently, after it had closed, and the more private functions were going on, the Xboxes that had been running the Doom 3 demos were turned off and Halo 1 put in instead. So, taking a console with a copy of Doom 3 and playing Halo 1 on it instead - does that say anything about what to expect from Doom 3 to you? I love the Doom series, so I hope they don't balls it up.
Mon 24/05/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I read an article the other day about someone who worked at the E3 convention, ushering people around the stalls. Apparently, after it had closed, and the more private functions were going on, the Xboxes that had been running the Doom 3 demos were turned off and Halo 1 put in instead. So, taking a console with a copy of Doom 3 and playing Halo 1 on it instead - does that say anything about what to expect from Doom 3 to you? I love the Doom series, so I hope they don't balls it up.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:06
Regular
It's been so long since the last installment of Doom was released, it's really going to be difficult to know what to expect.

Are they going to re-hash the old storyline, demons from hell taking over the earth? Will it include the same weapons, and enemies?

It would be so easy for them to just create yet another FPS template, like so many others that have been released, boring and endless shooting.

I seriously hope not. You mention Halo, I really hope that Doom 3 is something so special, it makes Halo look dated. That's a tall order, but the game has been 10 years in development, it better be good.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Are they going to re-hash the old storyline, demons from hell taking
> over the earth? Will it include the same weapons, and enemies?

Its a remake of the first, using the same plot, but slowing the pace down to a more "Resident Evil" pace.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:11
Regular
so you're on a base on Phobos, where all the people have turned into demons?
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> so you're on a base on Phobos, where all the people have turned into
> demons?

Yup. After an experiment goes wrong. Dooms original plot. Watch the trailer on www.doom3.com
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:40
Regular
It's gonna be Doom only in storyline, game play wise It's gonna be a totally different kettle of demons.

Not sure if there's been any preview code released of the multiplayer yet though.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's gonna be Doom only in storyline, game play wise It's gonna be a
> totally different kettle of demons.

Yeah, hence the "Resident Evil" remark. I'd much prefer the doom gameplay of being totaly overwealmed by enemies, but since my machine will probably throw a hissy fit it there is more than one on screen, perhaps not.
Mon 24/05/04 at 15:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Key problem with trailer;

No face that gets increasingly bloody as you die.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:03
Regular
it looks good, but unrecognisable as a doom game.

they better have those cyber demons and arachnothingies in it.

also, that guy who burns people and resurrects demons.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:26
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Having played the demo, it was awesome. As said below, not recognisable as a doom game and the merc you play doesn't really look very cool. He looks like a 45 year old. I was hoping for a slick cool guy.

Anywho, the co-op 2 player mode has been scrapped for the x-box version which is a bas*ard. I'm getting it for the PC though. I'm also having to buy a Geforce XFX5950 as I really want one. Special reserve is mad. I work in a computer shop and can get things at trade prices and SR still beats them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.