GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best PS1 game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/05/04 at 11:51
"R.I.P Acestar"
Which PS1 game do you think takes the prize????
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:47
Regular
Squall wrote:
> If you read down a few posts it was you and i qoute that said "
> It is more than a game". When during this conversation did i
> mention anything about FF7 being real?
>
> So a mettalic ninja is real and he destroys a shield, that happens
> everyday.
> Go on Operah, you just don't have a clue what you are speaking about
> at all. It is just a game. Next thing you know you be killing people
> with a socom in the steet because you think its real and that snake
> does it.
Weren't you the one who said : Metal Men and nuclear shooting tanks ? Look again at those few posts.
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Balls"
yes then once the mouth is open you fire another big rocket into it where liquid is sitting and he can still walk, breathe... in general live!!! if i was hit by a stigger im pritty sure i would be dead.
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:46
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
All you are speaking about is a ninja named FOX.
How is this real?
And how the hell could he hold a 30 ton robot with one hand, impossible.
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:45
Regular
Morbo wrote:
> one thing
>
> "its so hard to hit that big shield on the left arm, its the
> hardest thing ever!!"
>
> i think not
Hitting it didn't make a difference, and snake was alone, and he hit it anyway, and also imagine if something is holding you like fox was, can you direct your arm back to it ? Even if you could, would you still have the stregnth to do that ? Would you even be still alive ?
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:42
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
If you read down a few posts it was you and i qoute that said " It is more than a game". When during this conversation did i mention anything about FF7 being real?

So a mettalic ninja is real and he destroys a shield, that happens everyday.
Go on Operah, you just don't have a clue what you are speaking about at all. It is just a game. Next thing you know you be killing people with a socom in the steet because you think its real and that snake does it.
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Balls"
one thing

"its so hard to hit that big shield on the left arm, its the hardest thing ever!!"

i think not
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:38
Regular
Squall wrote:
> Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Lol I mean the fact that nuclear war can happen. People getting
> shot
> can happen. Having someone try and rob the life from the earth to
> get
> to "the promised land" cant happen.
>
> Ah but did i ever say it could happen?
> no , o.k criminals taking over earth = believable
> Sending one man to do it = no chance in hell
You're the one who discussed realism in the first place. You didn't have to mention nuclear tanks or metal men, you could simply mention the fact that there is no faithful friend such as Grey Fox, this IS the most unreal part of mgs, and that's the beauty of it, and it doesn't stop here, choosing the name Fox was perfect to represent the relationship. Do you remember:
When playing the game for the 1st time, when fighting metal gear for the 1st time, we did a lot of work to find a way to shoot the radom while eluding Rex's bullets and missiles, and we kept shooting a lot of stingers, and when it's over we were releifed, just then we find that all what we have done hasn't even caused a small fraction of damage to rex, and liquid goes like "Diiie", at this point we think like if it was all over, metal gear is about to step over snake, and then, suddenly, Fox shows up! At this point you don't realise what hit you! And you still can't get the grip of everything, and in your inner self, you are snake, and fox is the one who is helping you, and when fox says: "Hurry, get away" and snake moves away, it feels that you are the one who moved away, and then things start to clear up, then comes the touchy conversation between snake and fox, and then he struggles for you, and when liquid finally surrounds him, then comes this conversation:
Liquid:" In the middle east we don't hunt foxes, we hunt Jackals, we use royal harriers instead of Fox hounds"
Grey Fox: " A cornered fox is more dangerous than a Jackal"
And he does it! He saves his friend! He detroys the radom which was beleived to be an impossible task, it truly shows the meaning of a "Fox" when he catches his prey.
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:29
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Squall wrote:
> Psycho Mantis, he could be real, not.
>
> Actually he could a few well placed wired and men hiding with strings
> to pull stuff off tables. He could even bribe Meryl to pretend to try
> and shoot snake.

So he floats aswell?
Why bribe to pretend?

Boosh checkmate.
I arrest my case
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:28
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Silent Death wrote:
>
> It could go on all day.
> All the twists in FF7 did not have the impact of half the twists in
> mgs, the grey fox appearance part was actually the most brilliant
> twist that has ever existed in the History of video gaming cinema.

Oh god,
Cloud not remembering his past and then seph showing it?
Aeris dying, that topic is still being discussed in the classic games forum. I don't see a Grey Fox thread.
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Squall wrote:
> Psycho Mantis, he could be real, not.

Actually he could a few well placed wired and men hiding with strings to pull stuff off tables. He could even bribe Meryl to pretend to try and shoot snake.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.