GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you guys please help me in some research?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 18:41
Regular
Would anyone be interested (no commitments here) in buying high power PCs mail order. I know most of you don't buy ready made PCs but I'm interested in setting up a small company selling PCs mail order and locally (I live in Manchester). I've made PCs before so I know what I'm doing and being a big gamer I'm pretty sure I know what most of you guys want, and even if I don't you can always tell me. I pretty much just need the experience of building PCs and running a business so prices should be pretty low and you'll be saving yourself the hassle of building your own.

If you reckon I could make a go of something like this, I'll set up some prices on the net and you can tell me your opinions.

Thanx Very Much

Andi
Sun 15/07/01 at 00:40
Do you always go Whooooo! when you speak?
Is it like Timmaaaaay! from South Park?
Sat 14/07/01 at 23:39
Regular
"How Handy."
thanx

I like it

Whooo!
Sat 14/07/01 at 23:33
That price sounds much better!

P.S. catchy new name!
Sat 14/07/01 at 20:25
Regular
"How Handy."
Coool, I could make some cash! Finally!

I'm now whoooo Style! by the way,

Whooo Style!
Sat 14/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, that sounds good.
Sat 14/07/01 at 14:45
Regular
"How Handy."
Thankyou Turbonutter!

The new price for the PC (similar maybe not identical spec) below is now...

£1,449.00

More realistic?

Thanks

Andi
Sat 14/07/01 at 14:19
Regular
"How Handy."
yeah, i've got some CPC stuff knockin about, the stuff they sell ain't that cheap or good quality though is it? saying that, i buy a lot of my stuff from them. Well, i'll dig out a catalougue and reprice the spec below.

Thanks

Andi
Sat 14/07/01 at 01:47
i have searched for basically years on the internet looking for cheap computer parts and components and one of the cheapest places that I have found is called "micro direct"

If you are looking for really cheap computer parts and are starting up your own buisness then you can apply for this fancie do da number so that you can get computer parts cheap and retail prices and a great place for that is CPC

Some great magazines for cheap computer parts and components are "PC Mart" and "Micro Mart".

hope this helped,
Fri 13/07/01 at 23:32
Regular
"How Handy."
shhhhh...

Your scaring off my customers. That was a good buy. Did you have to buy lots, or could you have just bought one?

Thanx

Andi
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:20
We recently bought a batch of computers at a similar spec (but without monitor) for under £300 from a computer auction, including 12 month warranty!

I think it is very competitive out there.

Andi Thompson! wrote:
> Alright guys, the setup for the first model available will be
> something like this:

Middl Tower Case
AMD K7 Athlon 1.2
> GHz
Asus A7V 133 Motherboard
512MB 133MHz RAM
40Gb IBM Hard
> Drive
Sound Blaster Live! Player 5.1
Creative DTT 2200 3D Surround
> Sound Speaks + Sub
Guillemot 64mb GeForce 2 MX Graphics
Diamond
> 56e Modem
Creative DVD (12x)
DeCoder card
Creative CD-RW
> (32/12/10)
17" Monitor
MS Intellimouse
Keyboard

This
> will include all the cooling gear, 300W PSU etc. for
> £2,150.

Thanx For Your Opinions

Andi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.