GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation Rating - 150%"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 16:41
Regular
Imagine a game like Shenmue, but with better graphics, and more importantly - GUNS!!!!!

Imagine a game like Metal Gear Solid, but with a masterful cinematic 150 piece orchestral sound track running through it.

Imagine a game like Resident Evil, but with flowing camera angles, third AND first person perspective views.

Imagine a game like Tomb Raider, but with a bounty hunter as your lead character, who's job it is to track down some bad guys who have killed your boss.

Imagine a game like Driver, but with a souped up Harley Davidson hog as your mode of transport.

Imagine a game with all of the above, but with online capabilities as well, so that you can race your hog against other players online through the city streets, and for winning you get to download new maps to your console, new weapons for your bounty hunter, new items to help you explore further into the city.

Drooling yet?

It's out at the end of this summer. From Amuze software. It's called Head Hunter.

And the funny thing is....

It's coming out on the DREAMCAST!!!!

Go buy a Dreamcast now if you haven't picked up a second hand one on the cheap, because this is the kind of game that gamers queue outside shops for at 4am in the morning.

This is the kind of game that should be hyped to the hilt, because you simply can't hype it enough. Whatever you say about it, the game WILL be better.

And finally, this is the kind of game that really pushes the Dreamcast to its VERY limits. People will be saying that this game was the one that stretched the power of 128-bit gaming to its fullest extent, in the way that 32-bit gaming finally met its match with Metal Gear Solid on the PSX.

It's about time it happened. And if they can do this on the Dreamcast, just think what they could do if they made a version for the PS2 or the Gamecube or the X-Box. The next gen consoles wouldn't be stretched too much considering their power, but Head Hunter will surely be one of the most sought after games by Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft early next year.
Sat 14/07/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But everyone who sells their Dreamcast sells it to someone else, who will become an owner.
Sat 14/07/01 at 16:30
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
That’s all very well but will there be enough Dreamcast owners left? Dreamcast owners are selling their Casts now because the 2nd hand price will drop dramatically soon. I’m waiting for them to be around £10 with Crazy Taxi. :->
Sat 14/07/01 at 13:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, I thought I saw it there.
Sat 14/07/01 at 13:53
"High polygon count"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> If I recall correctly, it's already been confirmed or is being
> discussed for PS2.

> I'm sure I saw it in a mag somewhere, a month
> or so ago. Will look tonight - I think I still have the mag.

Confirmed in the latest official PS2 mag, Head Hunter is one of three new titles announced for the PS2 by Sega. The other two are Virtua Fighter 4 and K-Project, in addition to previously announced DC classics Space Channel 5, Ecco the Dolphin, F355 Challenge and an RPG called Sakura Kaisen.

In addition (page 46 of the same mag), Sega and Sony have signed a deal which sees SCEE publishing Sega games in Europe for the foreseeable future.
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Multiplayer is apparently a laugh though, but it is stupidly easy. There is a mode where you can fight ever character in the game including bosses and you don't get your life bar replenished. The fact that it is actually possible to do this shows there is definitely something wrong.
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:47
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
They say (the mags) that if youre a reasonably good gamer you can do it in 2 hours, then play it 2 more times with the other characters to finish the game completely.

Its a real shame, as it had so much promise. I'm still going to rent it for an evening though, but £40? no.
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The Bouncer has got blistering graphics but it lasts a maximum of 6 hours. In other words, it is well s***.
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:59
"High polygon count"
I agree... from the PS2's pre-launch demos, it looked seriously impressive. but from all the reviews I've read, it's just a series of long, very high quality story-telling FMV sequences, linked by some fight/action scenes.

I'm staying well clear of it!
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:56
Regular
"accidental superher"
from what i have read it is OVERHYPED RUBBISH
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:47
Regular
Slaveunit wrote:
...The Bouncer...

Is The Bouncer any good? Or is it overhyped rubbish?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.