GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation Rating - 150%"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 16:41
Regular
Imagine a game like Shenmue, but with better graphics, and more importantly - GUNS!!!!!

Imagine a game like Metal Gear Solid, but with a masterful cinematic 150 piece orchestral sound track running through it.

Imagine a game like Resident Evil, but with flowing camera angles, third AND first person perspective views.

Imagine a game like Tomb Raider, but with a bounty hunter as your lead character, who's job it is to track down some bad guys who have killed your boss.

Imagine a game like Driver, but with a souped up Harley Davidson hog as your mode of transport.

Imagine a game with all of the above, but with online capabilities as well, so that you can race your hog against other players online through the city streets, and for winning you get to download new maps to your console, new weapons for your bounty hunter, new items to help you explore further into the city.

Drooling yet?

It's out at the end of this summer. From Amuze software. It's called Head Hunter.

And the funny thing is....

It's coming out on the DREAMCAST!!!!

Go buy a Dreamcast now if you haven't picked up a second hand one on the cheap, because this is the kind of game that gamers queue outside shops for at 4am in the morning.

This is the kind of game that should be hyped to the hilt, because you simply can't hype it enough. Whatever you say about it, the game WILL be better.

And finally, this is the kind of game that really pushes the Dreamcast to its VERY limits. People will be saying that this game was the one that stretched the power of 128-bit gaming to its fullest extent, in the way that 32-bit gaming finally met its match with Metal Gear Solid on the PSX.

It's about time it happened. And if they can do this on the Dreamcast, just think what they could do if they made a version for the PS2 or the Gamecube or the X-Box. The next gen consoles wouldn't be stretched too much considering their power, but Head Hunter will surely be one of the most sought after games by Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft early next year.
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Imagine a game like Shenmue, but with better graphics, and more importantly - GUNS!!!!!

Imagine a game like Metal Gear Solid, but with a masterful cinematic 150 piece orchestral sound track running through it.

Imagine a game like Resident Evil, but with flowing camera angles, third AND first person perspective views.

Imagine a game like Tomb Raider, but with a bounty hunter as your lead character, who's job it is to track down some bad guys who have killed your boss.

Imagine a game like Driver, but with a souped up Harley Davidson hog as your mode of transport.

Imagine a game with all of the above, but with online capabilities as well, so that you can race your hog against other players online through the city streets, and for winning you get to download new maps to your console, new weapons for your bounty hunter, new items to help you explore further into the city.

Drooling yet?

It's out at the end of this summer. From Amuze software. It's called Head Hunter.

And the funny thing is....

It's coming out on the DREAMCAST!!!!

Go buy a Dreamcast now if you haven't picked up a second hand one on the cheap, because this is the kind of game that gamers queue outside shops for at 4am in the morning.

This is the kind of game that should be hyped to the hilt, because you simply can't hype it enough. Whatever you say about it, the game WILL be better.

And finally, this is the kind of game that really pushes the Dreamcast to its VERY limits. People will be saying that this game was the one that stretched the power of 128-bit gaming to its fullest extent, in the way that 32-bit gaming finally met its match with Metal Gear Solid on the PSX.

It's about time it happened. And if they can do this on the Dreamcast, just think what they could do if they made a version for the PS2 or the Gamecube or the X-Box. The next gen consoles wouldn't be stretched too much considering their power, but Head Hunter will surely be one of the most sought after games by Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft early next year.
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:43
Regular
I'm definately looking forward to this game. Shame no release date has been set yet.

Last I heard was it was out "by christmas". Which is very accurate!
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:43
Regular
Orchestrated soundtrack? I'm sold.

I'll read a few reviews first mind. I've only seen the name plastered everywhere... not really looked deeper into it. Now I shall.
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:46
Regular
Grix, there was a preview in the latest edition of ODM. It's worth reading.
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:46
Regular
I don't *do* magazines.

I don't buy 'em either.
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:48
Regular
:-)

You could always look at the website instead....
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:02
"High polygon count"
If I recall correctly, it's already been confirmed or is being discussed for PS2.

I'm sure I saw it in a mag somewhere, a month or so ago. Will look tonight - I think I still have the mag.
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:12
Apparently its heading to the stores in October but at this moment is only 65% complete! It looks amazing though - apart from his sinister looking beard.
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:25
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Sounds good, lets just hope that Sega don't muck-up like they do 70% of the time.
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, I thought MGS had a brilliant soundtrack anyway...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.