GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computers VS consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 13:54
Regular
I dont reckon we'll need PCs any more in a few years because consoles will be able to do everything they do.

Look at the evidance:

The Dreamcast and Xbox run a version of Windows.
The PS2 will have hard drive.
They will have intrnet access.

So you can see the PC will be nedeed no more!
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:16
I'm buying a new PC in August. With Office Xp and everything. Not bad, eh?
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
The pc will never die because it is needed in business not just in the gaming industry. What might happen is if the consoles get so good that the pc will never be needed for games again they might make a “business computer” which only has things like word and things like that, no graphics card for games, just RAM and cpu power. This will happen in a long way away from now so don’t wet yourself just yet.
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:02
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Consoles are games machines and have other simple things e.g. Access to the internet and hardrives and the such BUT pc's are multimedia machines which basically means that they can do multiply things like doing your homework, playing games, going on the internet, making your own games! the list goes on. So it you want pure games get a console if you want other things to do after you have finished your game get a pc but with a pc be careful when buying because playing games is much more complicated because you need a good graphics card, fast cpu, loads of ram which you don’t need in a console. Just plug it in and play!
The best option is just to get both like most people on SR have.
Thu 12/07/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Don't mess"
I think that the good old PC will never die. Several reasons

1-Upgradeable
2-everything is customisable
3-it's just KING

So there, PC'S FOREVER!
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:21
Regular
I'm not mocking you, I'm saying you can't use English at all.

Also the DreamCast is a damn fine machine, but no doubt you're so shoved up your own @rse that you think the PS2 is amazing.
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:18
Is yo' mockin' me Your Honour?

'Tis most dishonourable to mock whilst my back wis turn'
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:11
Regular
Wonderboy wrote:
> No I int got a Dreampants. I is jus' smart.

Firstly, it's not called a Dreampants. Secondly, shouldn't you be in an English lesson?
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Definutley
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:02
No I int got a Dreampants. I is jus' smart.
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:00
Look at the
> evidance:

The Dreamcast and Xbox run a version of Windows.

You've got a Dreamcast then haven't you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.