GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the truely best PC game of all time?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 14:06
Regular
hi guys ive allways wanted 2 know wat ppl hav thought about wat is truely the best pc game of all time there is some amazin games comin out like battlefield 2 but that is in the making at the moment also 1 of the best simulators i think is the sims without no doubt and also like grand theft auto series cmon guys which do u think is the best game of all time truthfully?
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Safedisc_V3 wrote:
> And while i am at it, Unreal T 2003 was by far the weakest game in the > series. An opinion that i think anyone who knows games will agree with.

I find that Unreal Tournament 2004 is essentially UT2003 but with all the necessary improvements to make it feel like a proper sequel to the original UT. 2003 was so under whelming it was almost criminal.

And best ever PC games, Half Life, one of if not perhaps the only game I played for hours on end. Every time I wanted to come off I always found something that kept me playing. An incredible game for its time (it’s been severely underrated by some people who are only just playing the game now) it was the boot up the backside of FPS that made the genre what it is today. Hopefully HL2 will do similar.

And Transport Tycoon still remains one of my all time favourite PC games. It was an easy one to get addicted to and I never got bored of making millions out of ruthlessly undercutting the competition at every turn. Can’t wait for Locomotion.
Fri 28/05/04 at 13:00
Regular
"uncopyable"
Hmm, as a published author of more than 30 books and a video game writer for the last 12 years, I am quaking in my boots at the prospect of a 15 year old, A grade English student.

LOL

Sorry. Please disregard everything I post today (I know most people do this everyday anyway) as I am badly hung-over and in search of a good argument.

And yes, I am a pompous idiot. But I do know more than most people on this forum, so give me a break ;-)
Fri 28/05/04 at 12:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Safedisc_V3 wrote:
> As opposed to Der Nazi, whose posts make him look at least 12.

Unlike yours, which just make you look like a pompous idiot. And for your information: I'm 15. Plus you can't really say that my posts look like they were written by a 12 year-old, seeing as I am predicted A at GCSE.
Fri 28/05/04 at 12:05
Regular
"uncopyable"
As opposed to Der Nazi, whose posts make him look at least 12.

And while i am at it, Unreal T 2003 was by far the weakest game in the series. An opinion that i think anyone who knows games will agree with.

Best PC game ever - clearly that would be Half Life. Closely followed by the Windows version of the original C&C.
Fri 28/05/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
A quick piece of advice, DJ Moleman: Use proper English on these forums. 'Txt Tlk' makes you look like you are ten years old.

As for the topic title- GTA Vice City is probably a contender, along with Red Alert, Age of Empires, Unreal Tournament 2003, Civilization and Doom II. My personal favourites, however, are Railroad Tycoon and its improved clone Railroad Tycoon Deluxe. Incredibly addictive with strange sound effects, basic but clear graphics and great gameplay.
Fri 28/05/04 at 10:57
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Commander Keen 4. That was god
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:46
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Solitaire......only kiddin. No game ive played to date has been perfect but id say that Call of Duty is my alltime favourite.....so far ;)
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:06
Regular
hi guys ive allways wanted 2 know wat ppl hav thought about wat is truely the best pc game of all time there is some amazin games comin out like battlefield 2 but that is in the making at the moment also 1 of the best simulators i think is the sims without no doubt and also like grand theft auto series cmon guys which do u think is the best game of all time truthfully?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.