GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbie ban"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 17:31
Regular
I don't know how long this has been in place, but I just tried to start an intelligent topic in the prime topics FOG and I was told that Newbies and JATs are banned from starting topics in that forum. This is stupid! The FOG is almost dead anyway at a rate of 3 or 4 sensible topics a day, and banning newbies from using it will surely kill it off. The only outcome can be that newbies shun the FOGPT until they are regulars, and by then will have no interest in it. I understand that people would want certian people to be banned because they post utter rubbish, but these people should be banned individualy, possibly by vote, instead of simply banning the entire class.
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:31
I don't know how long this has been in place, but I just tried to start an intelligent topic in the prime topics FOG and I was told that Newbies and JATs are banned from starting topics in that forum. This is stupid! The FOG is almost dead anyway at a rate of 3 or 4 sensible topics a day, and banning newbies from using it will surely kill it off. The only outcome can be that newbies shun the FOGPT until they are regulars, and by then will have no interest in it. I understand that people would want certian people to be banned because they post utter rubbish, but these people should be banned individualy, possibly by vote, instead of simply banning the entire class.
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:39
your right, but then of course most of the posts are don purely to win gameaday and don't have any other contribution anyway
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
This ban has been in force for weeks and it's working fine. I tink it's a good idea.
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:45
Regular
That was done as loads of newbies were spamming to get regular status. There were a huge number of pointless new topics posted each day.

Banning newbies from starting topics in Prime FoG was one way of cutting down the crap, and it seems to have worked.
Wed 11/07/01 at 18:37
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I thought this idea would not work but it seems as though it has worked quite well. There is much less rubbish topics about nothing in particular.
Wed 11/07/01 at 18:40
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I think it's worked particularly well. The standard of topic in the prime is a lot better now, there's no rubbish - from regulars either. People at least give the prime forum more rrespect now.
Wed 11/07/01 at 18:46
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
It has worked well. But some are just postin all over chat or the other forums.
Wed 11/07/01 at 18:58
Yeah - but still - You can't have it both ways.
Wed 11/07/01 at 18:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The ban is a bit strict, but the only other option you have is to either post it in the nintendo, sony or microsoft forums, or even in chat :(
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:39
Hey, it's there for a purpose!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.